Character Customization Freedom

Shiesty

So I've looked at this server and it allows players to choose two different parents as well as two fully different skin-tones. I believe this should be implemented into the server to give players ability to role-play characters who may have different facial characteristics with different skin tones instead of limiting them to only two skin tones, that is aligned with their only two parents.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, sneakybae said:

I read through their wiki and saw this:

spacer.png

Aren't you already able to do that? If not, then I agree with you. Would bring more customization to the table.

This was a mere snippet at the time and I can tell you that customization is one of the key points at the server launch, a good character starts off with good customization.
With that being said, you can expect more in-depth customization.

• Clap 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 7:27 PM, Murder Mystery said:

So I've looked at this server and it allows players to choose two different parents as well as two fully different skin-tones. I believe this should be implemented into the server to give players ability to role-play characters who may have different facial characteristics with different skin tones instead of limiting them to only two skin tones, that is aligned with their only two parents.

This actually came up in the stream last night - it doesn't look likely that the "use two characters to combine their skin tones" option is going to be there at launch, but given that it was brought up twice by people watching (ok I was one of them teehee) it's something Mmartin said he'll think about. 

I suppose the main point on this one is that certain other servers do offer this, and character creation is going to be one of the first thing that potentially migrating players will do. Having less options than what they're used to isn't ideal. 

However with that being said, I'm no coder and I get that any major changes to features like this could cause problems and delays, which nobody wants. All I know is that Mmartin is listening to people and their ideas (refreshing), and although not everything can be accommodated, he and the team are gonna do what they can to make folks happy. 

• Thumbs 1

Sal 

Ex-staff

• 3 weeks later...