Hey there! I created this topic to have a discussion or rather to give some ideas about the state of motorcycle clubs' patches.

Those, who have roleplayed around the biker scene, will know that most of the time the only way to know which club a player represents is through /me and /ame. In a sense it is rather exhausting to have a preset of your patches on CTRL + C and CTRL + V or a keybind (on SAMP) and have to spam it all the time, when you have a gathering, ride, charity, etc. Moreover, when a group of around 10 or more bikers roll around in the city, it was an eye-sore to see all of the purple text popping above the riders heads. Let alone to be able to read what text was being displayed in the ocean of purple /ames or /mes and I don't think people would want to scroll through the text to see a patch of a biker, who they might not see ever again.  That being said, I want to address some ideas of mine to the public and perhaps hear some of your thoughs on this.

Now GTA V has a lot of modding possibilities.

My first idea would sound something like this (of course if it is possible): why not to create/add a mod of vests, with pre-attached patches to it so the whole server would be able to see them. It could be an item obtainable in a shop or something in a familiar style. To prevent people from buying these vests and just creating chaos, these clothings could be linked to a rank in a official faction. Not only this would prevent trolls from abusing the clothing, but also could push unofficial motorcycle clubs to take their faction more serious as the end goal could not only be being and official faction but also your "colors" displayed to the whole server.

The second suggestion is almost the same as the first one, but perhaps, these patches/vests would be available for factions, that are potentional candidates for the official status. This way the faction would know that they are going the right path and it would boost their self-esteem as it would be somewhat of an achievement that they managed to get.

I think something familiar could be done with other type of factions too, like giving them environments/ custom tattoos/ graffities etc.

Everything comes down to making the game more realistic and perhaps giving people new achievements towards the official status as the path to it could be bumpy, with a lot of people losing interest along the way.

I would like to hear the community's perspective on this. Perhaps, with the input of you guys this idea could be polished even more and become a reality.

• Thumbs 1

The Road Slayers Motorcycle Club

LS-RP

@Mario @Benavides are the two that can really help you with it. I don't think making them restricted to official gives just enough room to play around. Yes, factions can have them modded in for them by the modding team, but what happens if the faction is descrypted? Also, it's quite hard to make certain clothing only available for one faction, but maybe Benavides and Mario can explain what can go down with that suggestion.

A very good suggestion but it's almost like a gang asking for their sports teams or numbers put on shirts. It's possible, but it won't be as easy to achieve. 

I don't like the concept of giving too many exclusive things to official factions. Not everyone can get official and I'd assume once there's an official MC, FM would be more likely to give official status to some other type of faction, which could easily lead to one MC having a clear advantage in terms of recruitment and general roleplay past what they already get from being official.

In my opinion official advantages should be kept to what they are, they're already big enough since, assuming all stays the same and I'm not missing anything, official factions will be able to request mapping and be the only ones with direct access to drugs & guns.

1 hour ago, F0r3v3r said:

@Mario @Benavides are the two that can really help you with it. I don't think making them restricted to official gives just enough room to play around. Yes, factions can have them modded in for them by the modding team, but what happens if the faction is descrypted? Also, it's quite hard to make certain clothing only available for one faction, but maybe Benavides and Mario can explain what can go down with that suggestion.

A very good suggestion but it's almost like a gang asking for their sports teams or numbers put on shirts. It's possible, but it won't be as easy to achieve. 

26 minutes ago, IdleStacks said:

I don't like the concept of giving too many exclusive things to official factions. Not everyone can get official and I'd assume once there's an official MC, FM would be more likely to give official status to some other type of faction, which could easily lead to one MC having a clear advantage in terms of recruitment and general roleplay past what they already get from being official.

In my opinion official advantages should be kept to what they are, they're already big enough since, assuming all stays the same and I'm not missing anything, official factions will be able to request mapping and be the only ones with direct access to drugs & guns.

I see the point.

The idea behind giving the patches to official/almost official factions is that like in SAMP there will be a lot of clubs that can only survive for several weeks. If we'll let every MC get their patches modded soon it will be overloaded with patches from MC, that does not exists anymore. In addition, I don't think modding team or developers will want to delete or re-upload the same mods every several weeks. I believe to delete several vests after an official faction is descrypted is less of a headache then do it every week as there won't be a lot of them.

But I do see the problem with putting more exclusive things to official factions, but having in mind the weekend riders or factions that manage to survive for only few weeks, I think for now it's the most optional solution to receive some more realistic environment not only for the clubs, but also for the people, who will get involved with a MC.

Thank you for your perspective.

Edited by Uncanny

LS-RP

A solution to this could be - like with Turfs. Motorcycle clubs would only be able to request the modded vests after being active for 3 months and having a regular active player base of 5 people or something similar. The requirements could be decided by the FC. With this not only we wouldn't give new exclusive things to official factions, but also we could keep the drive for players to be active and get immersed in their factions.

LS-RP

• Management

We will be allowing people to upload their own textures for vests when they become verified. This has already been in talks inside the Faction Team and already have a plan in place and a lot of the MC faction leaders are already aware of the plans the modding and faction team have ☺️

• Thumbs 2
  • OK 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Dos Santos said:

We will be allowing people to upload their own textures for vests when they become verified. This has already been in talks inside the Faction Team and already have a plan in place and a lot of the MC faction leaders are already aware of the plans the modding and faction team have ☺️

Amazing, thank you for the information!

LS-RP