Car Dealerships - IDEA

ROZE

With the vast amount of vehicles in GTA V, and with the ability to add more, I think that we should do something a bit different with vehicle dealerships this time around.

I'll extrude my idea into bullet points to try and get the idea across clearly.

• Car dealerships would be owned by players.
    • Will be server owned until players purchase them.

• Dealerships can be physical places, websites, or a combination of both.

• Dealership owners will have a minimum and maximum price that they can display a vehicle for.
    • This is so that individual players not selling through a dealership will still be able to undercut dealerships to sell second hand cars to other players.

• Car sales will be heavily taxed so that money still leaves the server (Required to keep our economy stable as we have money being generated and added to our econmy from other sources). Car dealership owners will only receieve a very small percentage of the actual vehicle sale.

• Each car dealership will have a maximum number of vehicles that can displayed in their catalog, different for each dealership depending on size/location. It wouldn't be abnormal for a large dealership to display 100+ vehicles with the number of vehicles that we have in gta v.

• Dealership owners will be able to select (within an IG UI) which vehicles they would like to display in their dealership. This can only be done once per month, but does not need to be changed if the dealership owner doesn't want to.
    • This will be roleplayed as the dealership owner ordering in new vehicles for the next month, and allows players to know that a vehicle that they are looking at will still be available for at least some time.

• This means that players will need to browse dealerships to find a car that they like. Dealerships would try to sell the top selling cars which would be popular, this would make it so that other more obscure vehicles will become rarer as they wouldn't be seen in dealerships often. With this, it would increase the price for resales on these rarer vehicles for the second-hand market. Players will be able to roleplay with dealership business owners, requesting that the dealership orders in a vehicle they might be looking for (Each dealership would have a different waiting time depending on when they last refreshed their stock), thus creating a competing "order fee" between dealerships.

• Roleplay as a whole around car dealerships and the second-hand car market will be improved by building our car dealerships and vehicle economy like this.
Edited by ROZE
  • Bigsmoke 1
  • Thumbs 1
  • Love 1

That's a pretty solid suggestion, it will totally enhance both the second hand car dealerships and the brand new ones. I like the point of the availability that means that at certain times there won't be new vehicles of certain brand that would totally change the demand and supply of the used ones in the second hand market. 

I'm totally in favor.

• CJ 1
  • Strong 1

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

HEAD OF COMMERCE AND ESTATE TEAM

Jerry Roux

Roux Capital Group

10 hours ago, roskeii said:

It should also be that dealerships have to order cars in and truckers have to deliver them on the car transporter trucks, rather than them just spawning in!

but solid suggestion all for it

This adds to the suggestion, truckers could be included for sure.

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

HEAD OF COMMERCE AND ESTATE TEAM

Jerry Roux

Roux Capital Group

This is not too bad, at all. It would add some more realism to it all. And the fact that you have to explore different dealerships and possibly placing an order for the vehicle you really want and then having to actually wait for it to arrive makes every vehicle just a bit more exclusive as you might not have that car in stock with every dealership around.

Including truckers would be a nice addition as well.

Would be nice to see in the server.

• Love 1

have a server owned system which sells new vehicles, and implement urs as a second hand dealership that allows players to put their collection on display and sell them. bcs while in theory i like the concept of all vehicles, including the heavily taxed new ones in ur proposal, being sold solely through players im worried that power issues akin to the strawman system would take place and they'd end up being distributed on a friends-first basis

Edited by yekim
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, yekim said:

have a server owned system which sells new vehicles, and implement urs as a second hand dealership that allows players to put their collection on display and sell them. bcs while in theory i like the concept of all vehicles, including the heavily taxed new ones in ur proposal, being sold solely through players im worried that power issues akin to the strawman system would take place and they'd end up being distributed on a friends-first basis

Once the dealership owner has chosen the vehicles he'd like to sell in the dealership, other players would be able to access the menu using /v buy, like in SAMP. From there, there will be unlimited of each vehicle that was selected. The dealership owner will not be able to make too much money from this due to the extreme tax.

People should, in theory, be able to make more money selling cars second hand, which would also encourage dealerships to do the same on top of their unlimited new car stock. With there being unlimited new cars like in SAMP, it means it's not a first come first serve basis, unless it's a second hand car.

Car dealerships would be owned by players.

• Will be server owned until players purchase them.

What's a "reasonable" price for a dealership to be bought for? A few millions would be the minimum, cap it around ten for bigger ones. You definitely need to make it quite high, because running a car dealership IRL is a long process and you WILL need to have patience to make profits.

Dealerships can be physical places, websites, or a combination of both.

Are "website" dealerships owned by players? How would they operate? The player buys the car and it's instantly spawned to them or do they have a waiting time and then staff puts the car in their name? What's the exact way to make websites work? Physical place is a very common and a very solid way to do it as it's almost fault-proof.

Dealership owners will have a minimum and maximum price that they can display a vehicle for.

• This is so that individual players not selling through a dealership will still be able to undercut dealerships to sell second hand cars to other players.

So, dealership owners can make a union and just sell cars for fifty million a piece minimum and a hundred maximum? If ALL the car dealerships are owned, this CAN happen. Set a PRICE for EVERY vehicle and do not let the vehicle dealership owners exceed 3x the limit and you should be set.

Each car dealership will have a maximum number of vehicles that can displayed in their catalog, different for each dealership depending on size/location. It wouldn't be abnormal for a large dealership to display 100+ vehicles with the number of vehicles that we have in gta v.

Why not make a script where there are literal cars in the dealership which people can go to and /buyvehicle or something when the place is open and there're employees to work around them? It's much easier than a script wise system letting people just walk in and buy a car instantly however they like it. And also, what do you look at when definying a reasonable size for a dealership?

Dealership owners will be able to select (within an IG UI) which vehicles they would like to display in their dealership. This can only be done once per month, but does not need to be changed if the dealership owner doesn't want to.

• This will be roleplayed as the dealership owner ordering in new vehicles for the next month, and allows players to know that a vehicle that they are looking at will still be available for at least some time.

Why not make each vehicle unique to one dealership? Give each dealership a reasonble amount of tiered vehicles (expensive, mid-class, low-class) and you should be able to build a balance? This also helps out with creating a rather balanced system.

• 3 weeks later...

Owning a car dealership with it's whole process is really an intruiging way of handling a specific business. It requires a wholecome of expertise in selling, advertising and most importantly, a strong continuity of the business. I agree with the above mentioned - not everybody should have the freedom of getting a car dealership, especially players who don't have a single clue about how a proper business on a large scale should work with all increments that go with it. But, I'm applauding your suggestion and leave the whole perception of this to the FM who will unequivocally share a positive mindset about this whole thing. 

Taking all things into consideration, this proposal is very laudative to me and it should be implemented, but with a firm restriction and a fastidious collection of it.

9 hours ago, Horgen said:

Owning a car dealership with it's whole process is really an intruiging way of handling a specific business. It requires a wholecome of expertise in selling, advertising and most importantly, a strong continuity of the business. I agree with the above mentioned - not everybody should have the freedom of getting a car dealership, especially players who don't have a single clue about how a proper business on a large scale should work with all increments that go with it. But, I'm applauding your suggestion and leave the whole perception of this to the FM who will unequivocally share a positive mindset about this whole thing. 

Taking all things into consideration, this proposal is very laudative to me and it should be implemented, but with a firm restriction and a fastidious collection of it.

It honestly doesn't take much. Autospex was selling used cars until we realized that putting a car in and out of a faction fully healed it and we had to stop 

I fully support this as it also encourages legal RP outside of just being FD/PD/GOV. We need more legal civilian roleplayers, to make the server feel alive, implementing a job like this is a start. As much of an illegal RPer I am, I need to be unbiased and say that the last thing we want is a Cops vs Robbers mentality, so having a lot of things NPC'd just won't work. We should give players a full opportunity to own 24/7s, own Car Dealerships, own Gas Stations and even be Real Estate agents if they wish. All of these can also easily tie into illegal roleplay, e.g financial crime such as money laundering.

Valeria Avendaño

Miguel Mondragon

La Puerta Boys

Sinaloa Cowboys

"TRANSNATIONAL ORGANIZED CRIME DOESN'T RECOGNIZE ANY BORDERS" - Patricia Espinoza

Guide to Paisa Roleplay

Guide To Drug RP in Gangs

Community Page

LS-R

I really like this suggestion, sounds good, but I would add the possibility for a dealership to sell even used cars. So once you get to a dealership you would be able to:
1) Give a look to the catalog in order to buy a new vehicle
2) Give a look around its parking lot / interior in order to see and buy an used vehicle.

This feature might create more opportunities for those who know how to run a dealership since they would even be able to create their own brand, you know, something like Brabus, that sells modified Mercedes-Benz / Smart / Maybach cars. With the possibility to sell used vehicles, a dealership owner might buy vehicles, modify them ( therefore apply  sports preparation ) and then sell them under the name of a brand dedicated to the sports preparation of vehicles.

For example, here in Rome, when you head to a Mercedes-Benz dealership, you will actually see even Brabus for sale.

it.png  TRAINEE ADMIN MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

On 12/23/2021 at 4:01 AM, Superb said:

That's a pretty solid suggestion, it will totally enhance both the second hand car dealerships and the brand new ones. I like the point of the availability that means that at certain times there won't be new vehicles of certain brand that would totally change the demand and supply of the used ones in the second hand market. 

I'm totally in favor.

Totally I agree with you. Demand and supply issue adds different fun to the game. Nice idea, @ROZE

I want to add something too; dealerships can deal discount tickets to another people or businesses. Businesses can make an event or activity and can give that tickets to their customers who got prize. 

Burak Yılmaz (About Me)

spacer.png

would love to see a limit put on certain of vehicles. that is getting bought a lot.

Like if the city has like 30 Sultan classics or elegy retros etcetera - why not put a blockage or "out of stock" feature so it will be rare to get these vehicles?

would love to see it from not straight spawning but literally being ran by actual players not NPCs. Yes I know there will be lot of Dealerships around but could have the ones that sell the first vehicles being ran by actual players.

2 hours ago, Pineapple_ said:

would love to see a limit put on certain of vehicles. that is getting bought a lot.

Like if the city has like 30 Sultan classics or elegy retros etcetera - why not put a blockage or "out of stock" feature so it will be rare to get these vehicles?

would love to see it from not straight spawning but literally being ran by actual players not NPCs. Yes I know there will be lot of Dealerships around but could have the ones that sell the first vehicles being ran by actual players.

This'll just ruin the vehicle prices the same way prices for properties will become higher and higher as less properties become available.

selling elegy retro buyout 2mil

Edited by xime