Thoughts on ped skins?

Lacoste The Builder

• 2 weeks later...

I think everyone can agree there's more benefits to have them in the game as an option than without them. The customization of player models always seemed very limiting when you're trying to portray someone who's old or overweight, most of the time in one way or another the models look similar even with meshing. The modding community can hopefully spice things up in this field and could get some things added into the server to combat this.

• Thumbs 1

I’m also gonna put my support in favour of ped skins. It does limit clothing options but the difference in body types and heights etc is something that I think everyone would value. Age too. 

Most folks spent long enough on SAMP wearing the same clothes every day, so that’s the compromise that would be needed. 

Obviously adding body type and height modifiers to the GTA online character would be ideal too, but I don’t know how doable that is. 

Sal 

Ex-staff

31 minutes ago, Allegra said:

I’m also gonna put my support in favour of ped skins. It does limit clothing options but the difference in body types and heights etc is something that I think everyone would value. Age too. 

Most folks spent long enough on SAMP wearing the same clothes every day, so that’s the compromise that would be needed. 

Obviously adding body type and height modifiers to the GTA online character would be ideal too, but I don’t know how doable that is. 

I agree with this, but some peds does have an option to change their clothing and face, I've tested it myself. 

• Thumbs 1

On 2/2/2022 at 12:00 AM, Lacoste The Builder said:

I agree with this, but some peds does have an option to change their clothing and face, I've tested it myself. 

Ah I didn't know that actually! Is there a lot of variation? Or just like one or two per skin?

Sal 

Ex-staff

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mattmocz said:

Some models can.

Just now, La Tweaker said:

yes they can, most ped skins have diff outfits available. 

some ped's can, okay, some can't. It is a job to go testing which one can, that does not have bugs, failures, or anything. the first thing would be to have the server online, then it could be considered a good suggestion in my opinion.

Edited by Jeremias723

• 3 weeks later...

Yes please. Though the ped skins may not work for players that may need to switch into work uniforms, they can use the GTO characters. But for gang members and other civs they could easily use the ped skins. They are just so much better than the GTA:O models.

• Thumbs 1

I'm pretty sure Mmartin has said this will be considered for after launch, which is good news. Can't remember when or where that was (possibly a stream) but the consensus is clearly in favour of allowing ped skins so surely it'll be on the to do list 🙂

Sal 

Ex-staff

• 2 weeks later...