Disposable Phones / Phone Boxes

Mikee

spacer.png

What do you guys think about disposable phones and phone boxes? To me, in order to guarantee a greater Roleplay immersion, those two things should be implemented as soon as possible ( if it is not possible to have them before launch ). 
Disposable Phones and Phone Boxes are untracked and it would guarantee a higher level of Roleplay ( talking about LCN, Organized Crime in general ).
The reason why I created this topic is because it may not be seen as a necessity at server launch but actually I think it is. It would be nice if mapping team mapped phone boxes all around the city in order to guarantee easy accessibility to this system.

Anyway, hence, also the downside: the possibility for some units ( eg. Major Crimes Division / Gang and Narcotics etc.. ) to trace cell phone numbers ( once they know them ) in order to increase the possibility for them to develop investigations and interact with organizations.

• Thumbs 1

it.png  SENIOR TESTER MIKEE

• HEAD OF FOREIGN SECTIONS
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF ECONOMY TEAM
  • ASSISTANT HEAD OF PLAYER SUPPORT TEAM

Yup. Surely in favor of implementing these things. Payphones are already a thing (were in SA:MP and I recon will be carried on here as well) and I am quite sure phones can surely be dropped away as well. A burner phone system used to be in the game, but well, it was a little bit hard for me to understand so I didn't care to use it. Nevertheless, a great idea to be implemented. Payphones were useful in prison and on the outside as they enabled people to make confidental calls. Also, make it to where this time you can actually type and scroll chat outside the payphone. I found it an issue, at least for me, in LS-RP in SA:MP.

Also, the inventory system benefits burners system a lot as it's easier to maneuver around it.

• Thumbs 1

Not much to say about this. Disposable burner phones were a thing on sa-mp ls-rp and definitely should be here too. I'm in favour.

Edited by Biskit

𝗥𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗚𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿

1 hour ago, Biskit said:

Not much to say about this. Disposable burner phones were a thing on sa-mp ls-rp and definitely should be here too. I'm in favour.

Yeah, I know them were a thing since I played. My interest is strictly related to the importance of this system ( you can see it more like an advice to implement it before launch even if it might not look "essential" ) in order to guarantee a higher level of roleplay from the moment LSRP launches. There are a lot of systems like this one that might seem not really essential but that contribute to increase the roleplay level. It is obvious that missing things will surely be added with time, so if it is a problem to add this system before launch ( because it might take time to develop the UI and the system ) I understand.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I expect payphones to be implemented from launch. Placement wouldn't be an issue since the map is littered with them iirc. There were times on lsrp samp where I would use payphones more often than my phone.

Burners would also be excellent but honestly, not having them wouldn't be a huge problem.

Go meh gwai ying mana, ban tsai yeh. Wun nay lay Tai Hing tun bing tun lai cha, dam daka?

On 1/1/2022 at 8:02 PM, The Fresh Prince of Fujian said:

Personally, I expect payphones to be implemented from launch. Placement wouldn't be an issue since the map is littered with them iirc. There were times on lsrp samp where I would use payphones more often than my phone.

Burners would also be excellent but honestly, not having them wouldn't be a huge problem.

Yeah, agree with you, I think payphones are more important than burners, at least from launch.