Whats happenin with LSFD

JJABOTULE

I am glad to see that you will be leading this front Genny. 

I think it would be great if you all had the opportunity to have a few stations and rotate people through different apparatus at those assigned stations. I know back on SAMP I believe the Truck Company was the elite group of people. I'd love to see that continue here on GTA V!

Chief Justice Matthew R. Klenkok,

Eighth and Tenth Chief Justice of the State of San Andreas.

ch6D1zD.gif
also
Judge William K. Adjei,
Firefighter Thomas Ke

7 hours ago, Kotwica said:

Yes, Genny is an amazingly dedicated individual, and I'm very happy I get to call her my Chief! 🙂

7 hours ago, Kotwica said:

I think it would be great if you all had the opportunity to have a few stations and rotate people through different apparatus at those assigned stations. I know back on SAMP I believe the Truck Company was the elite group of people. I'd love to see that continue here on GTA V!

Love to see the interest! One thing we'd like to avoid is exclusivity within the faction. Any and all stations we have, be it now, or in the future, will have at least one ambulance and one engine, with room for at least one supervisor vehicle. We won't be striving for 'elite' groups or companies. Every bureau (and the divisions they house) are an important part of the faction, and while we love to see members represent and take pride in their divisions, they are all equally important — it's a team effort after all!

spacer.png

On 12/7/2021 at 1:42 PM, LordSpyx said:

Hey there.

The Fire Department is still around, and thriving. There was nothing inherently wrong with the faction itself, and it wasn't an activity issue that caused lack of members on, it was lack of motivation. What most people didn't realize about the faction, is on SAMP we were very limited on an out-of-character perspective. No one was allowed to set player-owned properties or businesses on fire without permission from the player, paired with authorization from an Administrator. If we wanted to give the faction members fires to put out, it was always scripted by Admins, or Fire Officers and Chief Fire Officers. These were "artificial" fires, as they were made specifically to give faction members fires to put out. This meant the majority of the time, Fire Officers had to sacrifice genuine roleplay for their members to have something fun and enjoyable to do. It also made members reliant on Admins or FOs to be around, and willing to make a fire. Which was limited on where you could set a fire, because of the server rules.

Medical scenes limited us as well. The majority of the time we'd arrive on scene, people would just /acceptdeath over very small or minor injuries, to avoid either roleplaying the medical scenes out, or to avoid arrest. In other cases, we had people just blatantly say they were salty they lost the shootout, and wanted to skip everything entirely, so they'd just /acceptdeath then. This led to the same outcome: Admins or Fire Officers having to sacrifice their own time away from the roleplay to create scenes for faction members to work on.

I, and other admins, tried to create fires when there was FD on. Much preferred us to create fires for FD to respond to after a genuine call about them than for someone in FD to go create one on their own for them to respond to tbh. Problem was there was often not many on, or they were AFK, or we'd start it and FD wouldn't want to respond...there was even a time where PD was on scene and myself and another admin had to change skins to FD and mask up because right after the 911 of the fire call, the FD online logged off. 

On 12/25/2021 at 9:15 PM, Genny said:

Fortunately, we've shaped the LSFD as to where you don't need any prior medical or firefighting knowledge whatsoever. We teach it all from beginning to end. None of us are medical experts ourselves! Our training program helps all. We always seek improvement and love teaching our new members! Feel free to ask any questions to me or the rest of the team. We welcome anyone into the family. 🥰

How detailed is the training/how long does it take? Is it roleplay based or copying/pasting from a script?

On 12/26/2021 at 3:05 PM, Kotwica said:

Wholly agree with this 

On 12/26/2021 at 5:49 AM, Genny said:

I joined the LSFD back in 2015. It was a fun time working with Jenny, the other Jenny, Vitta, Nick Apps, Lea Labriola, Frezemis, Russell Miles, Reynolds, etc., however, LSRP's approach to all legal factions changed some time in my absence back in 2017 to a more realistic setting which I quickly adapted to as a returning Command member. I didn't like it at first but after a few shifts in-game and getting to meet the new higher ups, I got to love the faction once again. Flash forward to 2021, I've been the very much dedicated leader of the faction for quite some time now and although the server isn't up and running, we're still doing an amazing job and will continue to do so once the server launches. Being apart of this faction and getting all the opportunities I have as a leader has become a great part of me and I will continue to share my love for the faction with the community and the LSFD family.

Lastly, one of the older faction leaders, David Reynolds, has made a return to help with the Hospital side of things. Nick Apps has also still been around, however, I believe he switched to the police side and has been in the LSPD.

Good to hear!  I was in LSFD around  2013 - 2016 (Joseph Casassa was my  name in command team).  I've heard that it became stricter after some time, but  from my point of view LSFD is not the kind of faction that has to be strict.  Anyway, I hope it will become a decent faction on this platform as well. Good luck!

23 hours ago, Fiendfyre said:

I, and other admins, tried to create fires when there was FD on. Much preferred us to create fires for FD to respond to after a genuine call about them than for someone in FD to go create one on their own for them to respond to tbh. Problem was there was often not many on, or they were AFK, or we'd start it and FD wouldn't want to respond...there was even a time where PD was on scene and myself and another admin had to change skins to FD and mask up because right after the 911 of the fire call, the FD online logged off. 

You're talking about years ago, and not in recent times. As we said before, it's very easy to criticize something from the outside looking in. What people often didn't see is people spending hours online waiting for a call, to get dispatched out finally, only to arrive on scene and have the player accept death immediately. That is very demotivating. This is a more niche area of roleplay. We're not law enforcement officers, we're not out patrolling the streets, we don't have the ability to just interact with people on a traffic stop, or other altercation. We're there when there's a fire, which due to the server rules, was rare, or in the case of medical emergencies that could be handled within our scope. Many people were salty over losing a shootout, and would often rush through medical roleplay, or PM us to tell us to hurry, or they'd AFK / force a crash to avoid the medical roleplay, simply because they didn't want to do it.

During my time in the faction I've had members request fires a multitude of times, and when we had Admins available, they were so excited to participate. In the days of old, when I first joined in 2019, and before that, there was a certain lack of interest in the firefighting side. That changed with Genny becoming the Chief, and with the current team we have now. They're very dedicated, and have all contributed to a more equal interest in each half of our faction. We're a Fire Department, but we can't force players to be arsonists, just as you can't force people in real life to be arsonists. Even for our real life-counterpart, 75% of the LAFD's calls are medical based. We're a service to the public in their time of need, we can't force people to injure themselves, we're there in case of emergency. It's to be expected that we'll have slower shifts, and sometimes people don't realize how slow it'll be, which is why we always encouraged passive roleplay between faction members. This wasn't always obtainable because of different time zones, but it's a game, and we made do with what we could.

Players might not always have an entire day to play the game. So if an Admin started a fire without checking that FD had enough units on, to see them log off "immediately after the 911 call", then that's to be expected. Clear communication between faction and Administration would be needed for a pre-set fire. And as I said, waiting hours for calls only to be left with nothing can be demotivating. I'm speaking from experience when there were never any active Firefighters on when I'd first joined, in my time zone and play time at least. Genny and I have worked very hard in conjunction with our current team to get everyone in a much more active state. The server itself was lower on activity in the months leading up to its closing, so with a slower server, it wasn't always guaranteed to have bustling shifts every single day.

23 hours ago, Fiendfyre said:

How detailed is the training/how long does it take? Is it roleplay based or copying/pasting from a script?

You're also probably thinking of the old days of training. I've personally been responsible for recruitment and training for the last year. Nothing was ever copy/pasted, nor was it in the year before that when Genny was leading it. She and I always made it personal, and interacted with everyone involved. Trainings are detailed enough that players can comprehend what is to be expected of them on-duty should they graduate, whether or not they have any prior medical knowledge or experience.

You were a recruit during my time, but had left the server shortly into your time in FD, so you didn't get to see much of the current faction from an insider's perspective. You left the faction on January 12th of 2020—nearly two years ago. You never joined the Training and Support Bureau either, so you didn't get to see the manuals for the division which I personally wrote. Genny and I disallowed copy and paste formats, as we wanted each class to be personal, and unique to the class at hand. While the material was the same at its base, you'd never experience the same class twice, just because of how different each recruit was. No two recruits asked the same question in the same way, and some would roleplay more in-depth, while others wouldn't, which just comes with the territory of a roleplay community.

As for the length, we can only go by what was done on SAMP. The EMT classes took anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half, depending on how fast recruits would type, or how much they wanted to participate and engage in banter with the instructor(s). There is a lot to go over, and the majority of it is typing, because you need to explain the core of medical scenes, and explain everything that comes with handling them.

Our firefighting classes took anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour, again depending on the recruits' participation, and how much they wanted to hear from or talk with instructors. One of our Captains who is in TSB was very dedicated, and enjoyed giving everyone more detailed lectures, and encouraged a back and forth Q&A session before or after each class.

Academies are a crucial part of the faction's foundation, because these classes allow a safe and comfortable environment for recruits to learn the ropes, without the fear of being shot by some random gangster, or having their screen flooded with a bunch of random text that has nothing to do with their learning experience. This gives them a sense of what to expect from the faction before they're in the Field Training Program phase, so they'll be less overwhelmed when their first shift comes about.

Genny and I are adamant on maintaining a personalized academy experience with the upcoming V server. Nothing will ever be a copy/paste! 🙂

• Clap 1
  • OK 1
  • Love 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 4:56 AM, LordSpyx said:

You're talking about years ago, and not in recent times. As we said before, it's very easy to criticize something from the outside looking in. What people often didn't see is people spending hours online waiting for a call, to get dispatched out finally, only to arrive on scene and have the player accept death immediately. That is very demotivating. This is a more niche area of roleplay. We're not law enforcement officers, we're not out patrolling the streets, we don't have the ability to just interact with people on a traffic stop, or other altercation. We're there when there's a fire, which due to the server rules, was rare, or in the case of medical emergencies that could be handled within our scope. Many people were salty over losing a shootout, and would often rush through medical roleplay, or PM us to tell us to hurry, or they'd AFK / force a crash to avoid the medical roleplay, simply because they didn't want to do it.

By the way, during my times we were able to patrol and I think that it should be back.  I understand that having ambulances to patrol is not very realistic , but don't forget that it's a game and players need to socialize.  We were able to park at businesses, take a  rest, go inside a cafe , role-play eating pizza  and meeting new people e.t.c.  Factions like LSFD can't be realistic, because it's fully text based, there's no action, no plot twists  and we need to make it entertaining in other ways, such as letting firefighters to patrol, communicate with other people while on duty and so on. 

4 hours ago, dzgapaan said:

By the way, during my times we were able to patrol and I think that it should be back.  I understand that having ambulances to patrol is not very realistic , but don't forget that it's a game and players need to socialize.  We were able to park at businesses, take a  rest, go inside a cafe , role-play eating pizza  and meeting new people e.t.c.  Factions like LSFD can't be realistic, because it's fully text based, there's no action, no plot twists  and we need to make it entertaining in other ways, such as letting firefighters to patrol, communicate with other people while on duty and so on. 

Patrols have been around for years. We have rules regarding this policy including where people could and could not go. For SAMP, they couldn't go too far east, with Artesia Avenue being the cut-off point. They weren't allowed to go in high-crime areas, unless directly responding to or returning from a call. This was strictly enforced. I would very much disagree with your statement that "factions like the LSFD can't be realistic". It's fully possible to be realistic. Like all of the legal factions we go as close to our real-life counterparts as possible, while still making adjustments as-needed to fit the fact it is a videogame, and there will always be limitations.

Furthermore, specialized members of the LAFD who are trained and certified in ALS, are allowed to utilize "Fast-Response Vehicles". Their job is to patrol the streets of Los Angeles, and self-dispatch themselves to nearby calls. They are to assess the situation, and let dispatch know if BLS or ALS services are required, or if transportation will even be necessary. Their FRVs do not come equipped with transport-abilities, but they have everything else an ambulance does, as well as some firefighting equipment. Patrols in ambulances may not occur, but for the purposes of the server, we've limited FRV use to members of the TEMS Unit. (A unit which will not be focused on during launch, as it's a more niche area of roleplay). Which is another reason we've allowed members to patrol in ambulances, should they wish to do so. The purpose of these FRVs is to not only ensure a speedy response so people can get the services they need, but so that the invaluable time and resources of the department are delegated appropriately and efficiently.

There has been plenty of plot-twists and action during my time in the faction, and it may not have been the case in your time, but we're not talking about your time, we're talking about the present and recent times. We've worked very hard over the last several years, and had many exciting scenarios and events. Your past experiences do not reflect the present-day faction, nor does it reflect the faction over the course of the last several years. With Genny becoming Chief, we moved away from unrealistic roleplay, and aimed for a more realistic faction, keeping in-line with our real-life counterpart. This was not only a quality of life update for the faction itself, but to have more uniformity across all legal factions, as the other ones have based their policies on their LA counterparts. It was the logical step to better replicate a realistic American fire department, as we have two realistic American law-enforcement factions on the server already.

• OK 1

spacer.png

As every faction, LSFD plays one of the most crucial roles in the roleplay scene. I'm sure Genny and LordSpyx will do a great job leading the faction, as far as I'm aware Genny already has a lot of experience as a paramedic from the SA:MP server and I'm sure their intentions are only positive. Looking forward to seeing what this has to offer!

• Clap 1

On 1/15/2022 at 3:29 AM, LordSpyx said:

Patrols have been around for years. We have rules regarding this policy including where people could and could not go. For SAMP, they couldn't go too far east, with Artesia Avenue being the cut-off point. They weren't allowed to go in high-crime areas, unless directly responding to or returning from a call. This was strictly enforced. I would very much disagree with your statement that "factions like the LSFD can't be realistic". It's fully possible to be realistic. Like all of the legal factions we go as close to our real-life counterparts as possible, while still making adjustments as-needed to fit the fact it is a videogame, and there will always be limitations.

Furthermore, specialized members of the LAFD who are trained and certified in ALS, are allowed to utilize "Fast-Response Vehicles". Their job is to patrol the streets of Los Angeles, and self-dispatch themselves to nearby calls. They are to assess the situation, and let dispatch know if BLS or ALS services are required, or if transportation will even be necessary. Their FRVs do not come equipped with transport-abilities, but they have everything else an ambulance does, as well as some firefighting equipment. Patrols in ambulances may not occur, but for the purposes of the server, we've limited FRV use to members of the TEMS Unit. (A unit which will not be focused on during launch, as it's a more niche area of roleplay). Which is another reason we've allowed members to patrol in ambulances, should they wish to do so. The purpose of these FRVs is to not only ensure a speedy response so people can get the services they need, but so that the invaluable time and resources of the department are delegated appropriately and efficiently.

There has been plenty of plot-twists and action during my time in the faction, and it may not have been the case in your time, but we're not talking about your time, we're talking about the present and recent times. We've worked very hard over the last several years, and had many exciting scenarios and events. Your past experiences do not reflect the present-day faction, nor does it reflect the faction over the course of the last several years. With Genny becoming Chief, we moved away from unrealistic roleplay, and aimed for a more realistic faction, keeping in-line with our real-life counterpart. This was not only a quality of life update for the faction itself, but to have more uniformity across all legal factions, as the other ones have based their policies on their LA counterparts. It was the logical step to better replicate a realistic American fire department, as we have two realistic American law-enforcement factions on the server already.

Well, don't get me wrong, I used to play on LS-RP each  year, but was not very active after 2016.   So, I am not  familiar with the modern LSFD.  It means that I am not in a place to teach you anything as I was not around for a long time and seems like my suggestions are outdated as well.  Well, if  the activity in the faction was OK, then you guys did a great job.  Keep it up then and  I hope we get a chance to check the new LSFD  when the server is on. Good luck.

Edited by Guest

• Redz locked this topic