Whats happenin with LSFD

JJABOTULE

Like any good roleplay server, Fire/EMS is going to be the least developed and least cared for. There probably is a faction, it just has almost nothing functional about it, and won’t for a very long time.

Very few servers ever properly develop their Fire or EMS departments, the demand is there, it just won’t be tapped for a long time, if at all. And people wonder why those departments go inactive or turn into cesspools of bad character concepts.

Which is a shame because RCRP did a really good job with their FD, and all it took was maybe a month of development time and care for it.

39 minutes ago, jack said:

The above is just an assumption. Rest assured Fire / EMS is being worked on like every other area of the server.

You can find more about FD at; https://fire.lsgov.us

while this is nice to see and I didn’t doubt it was being worked on,

nothing here reassures me. What does the faction plan to do that differentiates itself from previous iterations? How does it plan to fix issues with LSFD factions? How does it plan to make it a meaningful story driven faction that is a major pillar of the server?

Because every iteration of the LSFD always ended up flat on its face on every server it’s been on. Whether that’s because of a lack of development, active leadership, or a leadership that is stale or looks at past installments.

Having a forum is one thing only. But I’d rather see how the faction and its leadership plans to actually emulate an American Fire Department without it turning into another bad character driven inactive faction that pushes people away who want to add to that sector of roleplay. 

Edited by Twentyfourty

• Lead Admin
46 minutes ago, Twentyfourty said:

nothing here reassures me. What does the faction plan to do that differentiates itself from previous iterations? How does it plan to fix issues with LSFD factions? How does it plan to make it a meaningful story driven faction that is a major pillar of the server?

Because every iteration of the LSFD always ended up flat on its face on every server it’s been on. Whether that’s because of a lack of development, active leadership, or a leadership that is stale or looks at past installments.

Having a forum is one thing only. But I’d rather see how the faction and its leadership plans to actually emulate an American Fire Department without it turning into another bad character driven inactive faction that pushes people away who want to add to that sector of roleplay. 

I can't say much on what Fire Department is doing in terms of a faction since I'm not apart of the faction, merely just a spectator like yourself. I know they have some good things lined up in terms of development of the server and expanding on what Fire / EMS does as a whole.

@Genny @LordSpyx would need to comment on what is going to be different from SAMP to V and their views and vision for the faction going forward since they are LSFD's current leadership.

I'll let them go into more detail. Only thing I ask is keep on topic.

SHERIFF KENNETH J. LAROSA

Hey there.

The Fire Department is still around, and thriving. There was nothing inherently wrong with the faction itself, and it wasn't an activity issue that caused lack of members on, it was lack of motivation. What most people didn't realize about the faction, is on SAMP we were very limited on an out-of-character perspective. No one was allowed to set player-owned properties or businesses on fire without permission from the player, paired with authorization from an Administrator. If we wanted to give the faction members fires to put out, it was always scripted by Admins, or Fire Officers and Chief Fire Officers. These were "artificial" fires, as they were made specifically to give faction members fires to put out. This meant the majority of the time, Fire Officers had to sacrifice genuine roleplay for their members to have something fun and enjoyable to do. It also made members reliant on Admins or FOs to be around, and willing to make a fire. Which was limited on where you could set a fire, because of the server rules.

Medical scenes limited us as well. The majority of the time we'd arrive on scene, people would just /acceptdeath over very small or minor injuries, to avoid either roleplaying the medical scenes out, or to avoid arrest. In other cases, we had people just blatantly say they were salty they lost the shootout, and wanted to skip everything entirely, so they'd just /acceptdeath then. This led to the same outcome: Admins or Fire Officers having to sacrifice their own time away from the roleplay to create scenes for faction members to work on.

The majority of our roleplay was heavily dependent upon /mes and /dos, with no real scripted system, so even if we were to simplify what was going on, often times players would get lost, and simply not know how to respond. Or we'd have people lie about their injuries to survive, and avoid losing clothing objects, even though via the /damages, we could see they received a head shot. We had no concrete script for damages, or vitals. It was reliant on a he-said-she said scenario.

We can't speak on everything that's going on in the background, but our goal is to have more scripts involved, to make the faction inclusive, and more interactive for all parties involved, regardless of medical knowledge or comprehension.

I'll leave @Genny to explain further on areas I did not touch upon.

• Strong 1

spacer.png

On 12/6/2021 at 8:52 AM, JJABOTULE said:

Ive heard stuff about PD, SD, DOC, GOV but nothing about LSFD at all, is it gone or something or what happened?

On 12/6/2021 at 9:52 AM, Twentyfourty said:

On 12/6/2021 at 10:42 AM, jack said:

I can't say much on what Fire Department is doing in terms of a faction since I'm not apart of the faction, merely just a spectator like yourself. I know they have some good things lined up in terms of development of the server and expanding on what Fire / EMS does as a whole.

@Genny @LordSpyx would need to comment on what is going to be different from SAMP to V and their views and vision for the faction going forward since they are LSFD's current leadership.

I'll let them go into more detail. Only thing I ask is keep on topic.

I'll go over what I'm able to go through.

In the past couple of months, we've been going through the LSFD and what we currently have to work with plus what possibilities GTA V could bring to the table. In the end, there were two things that I wanted to work on right away. One being I wanted to make the recruitment side of things be done in-game more than outside of the game. I want our members to be tested on their roleplay abilities and character development rather than some long four paragraph essay on the forums. Unfortunately, this part hasn't been entirely finished yet but it shouldn't take long at all. The second idea was to bring the hospital side back because of the need for it with new systems being put in place. I spoke to a previous leader of the hospital sector and together, we're bringing it back. There's a lot to cover for a hospital so hopefully everything will be set before the server launch. The one catch to bringing back hospital is that we're not connected whatsoever in-character but it is under us out-of-character to keep things as realistic as possible.

As you can see from the latest development update from Mmartin, there's a drug system in place which in the end means there'll be overdoses. With that being said, there'll be a need for pre-hospital and hospital care for someone experiencing it. For example, a 911 call comes in, LSFD responds, supplies Narcan to the patient, transports and hospital takes over. I'm sure that'll be fun!

From my perspective and others in the faction, there hasn't been anything else to "fix". We've always been open to touching up or adding onto our manuals to improve our roleplay throughout the years but we're not all medical experts. Some of our members are EMS, Firefighters and Fire Marshals in real life so we always ask for their opinion before any drastic changes. Not everything is true or up-to-date on the internet so we rather ask from people who have it as their career. Our faction has always been based off of an "American Fire Department" for as long as I could remember. We're doing our best to reflect the LAFD.

For anyone that complains about "inactivity", please do us a favor and join the faction. You can only help by doing so instead of complaining about something you were never apart of. I will say though, medical roleplay does become tedious and boring at times. The main reason it becomes so boring is because people rather /acceptdeath or void a situation like an MVA rather than calling 911. There's only so much passive roleplay that can be done so people end up heading off duty. We also all have lives outside of the game whether it's taking care of family or having a job. Sometimes life just hits us in the face and we have to prioritize that. No one is ever "taking up a slot" due to their "inactivity" either. We care about our members a lot and treat each other as family. 

Now that we'll be on GTA V, there's so many possibilities for scripts to be added to help the faction. As faction leadership, we've already submitted our requests to the mapping and development team to work on what they're able to. I'm sure a few of the extra things we asked for will be added on after launch. 

I sincerely hope our responses to your questions and concerns were answered. We love our faction and always have. 

• Clap 1
  • OK 1

3 minutes ago, JJABOTULE said:

This is great to hear, people don't realise how important FD and EMS roleplay is to a community just adds that extra bit of immersion and something to roleplay for people that dont want to do anything else. Thank you all for the responses.

Appreciate it. Genny and I are always open to answering faction related questions. Be it on a topic, or privately via forum PM.

If there's ever anything you're not sure on, feel free to ask! We'll share what we're allowed to share.

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, JJABOTULE said:

This is great to hear, people don't realise how important FD and EMS roleplay is to a community just adds that extra bit of immersion and something to roleplay for people that dont want to do anything else. Thank you all for the responses.

I agree! People don't realize how important we truly are to the community. 🥰

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, GBH said:

Had some of my best times in the LSFD on SAMP. It's easy to judge without knowing the knowledge or facts of the matter, be good to see what you guys have planned for the new era and best of luck. 👍

On 12/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, Spades said:

Fire Dept is the bread & butter, baby!

Thank you for the kind words you two!

On 12/6/2021 at 9:08 PM, Twentyfourty said:

Like any good roleplay server, Fire/EMS is going to be the least developed and least cared for. There probably is a faction, it just has almost nothing functional about it, and won’t for a very long time.

Very few servers ever properly develop their Fire or EMS departments, the demand is there, it just won’t be tapped for a long time, if at all. And people wonder why those departments go inactive or turn into cesspools of bad character concepts.

Which is a shame because RCRP did a really good job with their FD, and all it took was maybe a month of development time and care for it.

LSFD was fine back in 2012 - 2016. They had lots of problems, but it was developing day by day and TBH, it helped lots of people to adapt to decent Role-Play.  I doubt that Jennifer, Nick Apps, Vittoria and other veteran LSFD members will return to boost the faction, but if we get new dedicated leadership then everything's possible. 

P.S I am an Ex. Command member of LSFD and it really helped me to improve my skills. 

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, bobamontana said:

Nobody wants to roleplay LSFD. Well, at least most of players.

That's your opinion, sure, and for some people that's true, however; the majority of people we interacted with thoroughly enjoyed roleplaying with the LSFD. We had multiple people who requested LSFD purely for the purpose of developmental roleplay for their characters, regardless of if they had scripted damage or not. While medical roleplay is not for everyone, you can't just skip a medical scene when you're injured simply because it's not your cup of tea. Being shot and robbed by thugs and gangsters isn't a firefighter or police officer's cup of tea, but they still go through those scenarios at times.

It's not a one for all kind of server, it's a give and take of simulated realism. Life comes with good and bad times, and while I wouldn't want to be involved in something that led to me being in the care of EMS / Firefighters, it does happen. It's part of life. People like to criticize that which they don't understand, but you can't have civilians without first responders or the server would be pure anarchy and chaos. It's all about balance. Medical and firefighting doesn't have to be someone's favorite topic, but that shouldn't mean our faction members don't get to roleplay at all just because their chosen area of roleplay isn't liked by some people.

The only times in over two years of being in LSFD I saw people unwilling to roleplay with us, was if they were salty over being dropped by a rival gang or LEOs. Most other people were very polite, and thanked us for the roleplay afterwards. It's not just about putting out fires and driving people to the hospital. We've had cases of shock, suicide attempts, and even panic or asthma attacks that required medical assistance. We weren't always there to patch bullet holes.

As I said, it's a balance. We can't force civilian roleplayers to get injured in unique ways, so the majority of our handled calls are gunshot wounds, or stab wounds, with the occasional MVA we get to handle. We're there to provide pre-hospital care and fire rescue services. Without civilians to rescue, we're redundant. For as long as there are civilian roleplayers, that's as long as first responder factions will be needed.

• Thumbs 1

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, LordSpyx said:

That's your opinion, sure, and for some people that's true, however; the majority of people we interacted with thoroughly enjoyed roleplaying with the LSFD. We had multiple people who requested LSFD purely for the purpose of developmental roleplay for their characters, regardless of if they had scripted damage or not. While medical roleplay is not for everyone, you can't just skip a medical scene when you're injured simply because it's not your cup of tea. Being shot and robbed by thugs and gangsters isn't a firefighter or police officer's cup of tea, but they still go through those scenarios at times.

It's not a one for all kind of server, it's a give and take of simulated realism. Life comes with good and bad times, and while I wouldn't want to be involved in something that led to me being in the care of EMS / Firefighters, it does happen. It's part of life. People like to criticize that which they don't understand, but you can't have civilians without first responders or the server would be pure anarchy and chaos. It's all about balance. Medical and firefighting doesn't have to be someone's favorite topic, but that shouldn't mean our faction members don't get to roleplay at all just because their chosen area of roleplay isn't liked by some people.

The only times in over two years of being in LSFD I saw people unwilling to roleplay with us, was if they were salty over being dropped by a rival gang or LEOs. Most other people were very polite, and thanked us for the roleplay afterwards. It's not just about putting out fires and driving people to the hospital. We've had cases of shock, suicide attempts, and even panic or asthma attacks that required medical assistance. We weren't always there to patch bullet holes.

As I said, it's a balance. We can't force civilian roleplayers to get injured in unique ways, so the majority of our handled calls are gunshot wounds, or stab wounds, with the occasional MVA we get to handle. We're there to provide pre-hospital care and fire rescue services. Without civilians to rescue, we're redundant. For as long as there are civilian roleplayers, that's as long as first responder factions will be needed.

I didn't mean that people don't want to interact with LSFD law, because that's not true. Back in the days of SA-MP I had fun playing with you guys. My point was that most players are not interested in LSFD from the inside - only a small portion of players is into playing as a firefighter etc.

On 12/24/2021 at 8:36 AM, dzgapaan said:

LSFD was fine back in 2012 - 2016. They had lots of problems, but it was developing day by day and TBH, it helped lots of people to adapt to decent Role-Play.  I doubt that Jennifer, Nick Apps, Vittoria and other veteran LSFD members will return to boost the faction, but if we get new dedicated leadership then everything's possible. 

P.S I am an Ex. Command member of LSFD and it really helped me to improve my skills. 

I joined the LSFD back in 2015. It was a fun time working with Jenny, the other Jenny, Vitta, Nick Apps, Lea Labriola, Frezemis, Russell Miles, Reynolds, etc., however, LSRP's approach to all legal factions changed some time in my absence back in 2017 to a more realistic setting which I quickly adapted to as a returning Command member. I didn't like it at first but after a few shifts in-game and getting to meet the new higher ups, I got to love the faction once again. Flash forward to 2021, I've been the very much dedicated leader of the faction for quite some time now and although the server isn't up and running, we're still doing an amazing job and will continue to do so once the server launches. Being apart of this faction and getting all the opportunities I have as a leader has become a great part of me and I will continue to share my love for the faction with the community and the LSFD family.

Lastly, one of the older faction leaders, David Reynolds, has made a return to help with the Hospital side of things. Nick Apps has also still been around, however, I believe he switched to the police side and has been in the LSPD.

7 hours ago, bobamontana said:

I didn't mean that people don't want to interact with LSFD law, because that's not true. Back in the days of SA-MP I had fun playing with you guys. My point was that most players are not interested in LSFD from the inside - only a small portion of players is into playing as a firefighter etc.

I totally understand what you're saying and is something I say all the time. Medical and firefighting roleplay is not for everyone! We only get a small percentage of the server's population interested and that's okay. I rather people roleplay what they want to roleplay and enjoy it than be something they don't want their character to be. Hopefully this time around on a newer game and better scripts, there'll be more interest.

9 hours ago, bobamontana said:

Nobody wants to roleplay LSFD. Well, at least most of players.

I honestly would love to rp LSFD but I just dont know enough medical stuff to do it imo. Not everyone wants to be a hard ass gang banger or do some crazy shit chill and melow rp like LSFD seems very fun aswell!

4 minutes ago, JJABOTULE said:

I honestly would love to rp LSFD but I just dont know enough medical stuff to do it imo. Not everyone wants to be a hard ass gang banger or do some crazy shit chill and melow rp like LSFD seems very fun aswell!

Fortunately, we've shaped the LSFD as to where you don't need any prior medical or firefighting knowledge whatsoever. We teach it all from beginning to end. None of us are medical experts ourselves! Our training program helps all. We always seek improvement and love teaching our new members! Feel free to ask any questions to me or the rest of the team. We welcome anyone into the family. 🥰

39 minutes ago, Genny said:

Fortunately, we've shaped the LSFD as to where you don't need any prior medical or firefighting knowledge whatsoever. We teach it all from beginning to end. None of us are medical experts ourselves! Our training program helps all. We always seek improvement and love teaching our new members! Feel free to ask any questions to me or the rest of the team. We welcome anyone into the family. 🥰

Good to know 😃

11 hours ago, Genny said:

Guess I’m joining FD 👀 

On 12/7/2021 at 9:03 PM, Genny said:

I'll go over what I'm able to go through.

In the past couple of months, we've been going through the LSFD and what we currently have to work with plus what possibilities GTA V could bring to the table. In the end, there were two things that I wanted to work on right away. One being I wanted to make the recruitment side of things be done in-game more than outside of the game. I want our members to be tested on their roleplay abilities and character development rather than some long four paragraph essay on the forums. Unfortunately, this part hasn't been entirely finished yet but it shouldn't take long at all. The second idea was to bring the hospital side back because of the need for it with new systems being put in place. I spoke to a previous leader of the hospital sector and together, we're bringing it back. There's a lot to cover for a hospital so hopefully everything will be set before the server launch. The one catch to bringing back hospital is that we're not connected whatsoever in-character but it is under us out-of-character to keep things as realistic as possible.

As you can see from the latest development update from Mmartin, there's a drug system in place which in the end means there'll be overdoses. With that being said, there'll be a need for pre-hospital and hospital care for someone experiencing it. For example, a 911 call comes in, LSFD responds, supplies Narcan to the patient, transports and hospital takes over. I'm sure that'll be fun!

From my perspective and others in the faction, there hasn't been anything else to "fix". We've always been open to touching up or adding onto our manuals to improve our roleplay throughout the years but we're not all medical experts. Some of our members are EMS, Firefighters and Fire Marshals in real life so we always ask for their opinion before any drastic changes. Not everything is true or up-to-date on the internet so we rather ask from people who have it as their career. Our faction has always been based off of an "American Fire Department" for as long as I could remember. We're doing our best to reflect the LAFD.

For anyone that complains about "inactivity", please do us a favor and join the faction. You can only help by doing so instead of complaining about something you were never apart of. I will say though, medical roleplay does become tedious and boring at times. The main reason it becomes so boring is because people rather /acceptdeath or void a situation like an MVA rather than calling 911. There's only so much passive roleplay that can be done so people end up heading off duty. We also all have lives outside of the game whether it's taking care of family or having a job. Sometimes life just hits us in the face and we have to prioritize that. No one is ever "taking up a slot" due to their "inactivity" either. We care about our members a lot and treat each other as family. 

Now that we'll be on GTA V, there's so many possibilities for scripts to be added to help the faction. As faction leadership, we've already submitted our requests to the mapping and development team to work on what they're able to. I'm sure a few of the extra things we asked for will be added on after launch. 

I sincerely hope our responses to your questions and concerns were answered. We love our faction and always have. 

OK. agreed.. i think?

• Redz locked this topic