Classic Rock Masterpieces

Chester Campbell

Hello!

I am a big fan of classic rock as a whole and all of its derivatives such as psychedelic rock, alternative etc. Most of these songs were made when our parents were kids or even before they were born (considering the average age of LSRP players) but somehow I found myself in it. Is there anybody out there who also likes classic rock?

My favorite band would be Pink Floyd, where Marooned is my favorite song. There are a ton more great songs that are not so well-known but are masterpieces and I would be more than happy to share with anyone who enjoys such music.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Trying to bring this topic back to life, maybe we got more classic rock lovers around this time!

Here's one of my favorites from Pink Floyd. I remember when I started listening to Pink Floyd, I stumbled upon this song and somehow didn't really like it, then as I heard it again later on, I'd love the song and get into the lyrics but would skip the "chaotic" intro. Now I've come to understand the intro as well, it just adds so much more emotion and meaning to the song overall.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 11:10 PM, turnupovich said:

though jeff buckley isnt your stereotypical rock artist, i believe hes heavily overlooked and his music is simply a thing of beauty

Never had the chance to listen to Jeff before, but I do like this song. It's quite vibey

This here is a cover of Jolene by Dolly Parton. The emotion in the voice cracks, lows and highs makes it way more powerful than the original: