As we progress towards the highly anticipated new year the LSRP Leadership team has been diligently working to refine and enhance our server operations. In our pursuit of efficiency and improved user experience, we've decided to combine certain sub-teams where their functions naturally intersect.
Congratulations to our newly promoted staff members that was promoted throughout December.
Junior Admin -> Game Admin
Trainee Admin -> Junior Admin
Tester -> Senior Tester
Last week, we added three new developers to the team. I'd like to extend a warm welcome to jack, danut, and stringer. Good luck, and I'm looking forward to see what you guys bring to the server, together with the rest of our development team.
they cannot have any assets taken during a robbery or scam but must participate in the roleplay surrounding it. If an administrator feels that a player lower than this level is taking unfair or malicious advantage of their exemption, they can punish at their own discretion.
There is no limit to how many weapons and drugs you can rob. You are not allowed to kill a player while or after robbing/scamming them unless they bring it upon themselves by showing attitude or non-compliance. If you have been robbed or scammed, you are allowed to rob back the things you have lost.
Major Update 1.8
The release of Major Update 1.8, we are all excited to announce the release of the beloved Major Update 1.8.0 which entails the changelog below. I would like to personally thank @java, @ImperiumXVII and @jack for their continued support with the development side of things over the last month or so.
Additions & changes
- New interaction UI (weapon wheel/action wheel)
- Pets and animal AI
- Weapons attached to the body
- Packaging drugs into ziploc bags and other containers
- Throwing objects and associated physics
- World item handling and associated item highlighting UI
- Physical placing of items into vehicles
- New handling for items controlled by aiming (camera, spraycan, etc)
- Attached object handling systems
- Ability to set the maximum number of people that can use /startshift per company
- Range check to /servedrink
- Model checks for more helicopters to /helo
- UCP <=> game company management panel interaction
- Hiding world text (i.e. death overheads, /ame) by pressing F7
- Code to disable combat rolling in most cases
- Ability to type in chat while in /stats
- K9 liveries for law enforcement factions
- Danut object pack in furniture
- Mouse map pack in furniture
- UCP turf map
- Changed social security pay from $300 to $500
- Removed Tapering (Increases expected income by ~66%)
- Fixed a bug that would charge taxi passengers before reaching their destination
- Fixed /factions and /companies not displaying in order
- Fixed /offersuspension
- Fixed falling to death when spawning in a custom interior
- Fixed /fixsiren leaving you stranded in your own little world
- Fixed occasional popup error when dirt is applied to a vehicle
- Fixed occasional popup error when a player has a custom walk style
We have gone ahead and removed tapering to come in line with the suggestions that have been provided by you all. We expect approximately a 66% increase with the removal of tapering and this will be closely monitored over the weeks, and months to come. We have also taken the time to increase social security from $300 up to $500 to come in line with tapering being removed.
Commerce and Estate Team
We're thrilled to announce the formation of the Commerce and Estate Team, a fusion of the Property Team and Company Team. This new team, currently staff-only, aims to streamline and enhance our approach to properties and businesses within the game. Leading the charge is @Superb, supported by a dynamic council consisting of @Caledonite, @CYBER, and @Sparkles.
Their proactive approach is already evident, with a survey for company owners and another for company members launching soon. This will provide valuable insights to better cater to our business-oriented players. Additionally, they've restructured the forum sections, integrating business pages into City Life for a more cohesive experience.
The Commerce and Estate Team's mission is to simplify property related processes for all server members. Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome, so don't hesitate to reach out to them. We're also aware of certain missing properties in the city and are actively working on a platform for players to help us identify these gaps. Our goal is to address these before rolling out mortgage properties, ensuring a seamless experience for everyone.
Community Engagement Team
Another exciting development is the merging of the Player Support Team and Communications Team into the Community Engagement Team. This new team, which will be led by @wdmcnr with support from @kaibr and @Sparkles, is open to non-staff members. If you're passionate about creating videos or graphic content, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our creative journey.
Sparkles will be focusing on Player Focus, a vital role dedicated to amplifying player feedback, support, and overall experience. This role is the bridge between our players and the development team, ensuring your voices are heard and addressed and she will be leading the Feature Documentation page to help the bridge between development and the players.
Kaibr will be spearheading Player Retention, concentrating on strategies to keep you engaged and immersed in LSRP. This involves understanding player behavior, developing loyalty programs, and crafting engaging content and events. Expect a more vibrant social media presence, with regular updates on our YouTube and TikTok channels.
We're also keen on featuring player-generated content. If you have TikTok or YouTube content showcasing LSRP, let us know! We'll be keeping an eye on the #media channel on our Discord for potential features in our blog posts and video icons.
Since the last community update we took on some new Modding members and they've hit the ground running. We're currently in the process of optimizing our clothing mod packs so we don't run into issues if another GTA update is released. We were hit with issues on the last one and want to ensure it doesn't happen again, this won't change or affect you as a end user, but gives us more security.
We are happy to also say that with @jack's efforts in fixing our DLC packs after the recent mod-breaking GTA V update, we have now included map and furniture packs from both @danut and @Mouse
Use the following links to view the pack showcases
We've updated our law enforcement faction vehicles for the highly anticipated K9 scripts, be sure to keep an eye out for them while playing. You'll see more custom content moving into 2024 as we ramp up our efforts to bring more customisability to our player base.
Be reminded, if modding is your thing then we're looking for you to join our team, be sure to check out our application form and send a application in here!
The mapping team has added a few new members since the last update. The team is currently working on adding more shell houses for players to use. Additionally, the team is working on customizing apartment complexes. The goal is that each complex will have a unique interior, with a unique apartment interior assigned to each apartment inside the complex. If you have experience with the furniture system, the team is always looking for more applicants here.
Illegal Faction Team Update
The Illegal Faction Team has been hard at work this past month on updating guidelines and reworking the current schemes.
Weapon Scheme Rework
We decided to change how the weapon scheme worked to balance out the playing field for those who held it and for those who wish to hold it. From the start of the server we only allowed max 5 factions at a time hold the weapon scheme, but that is no longer in play. We have opened up opportunities for smaller factions or less established factions play a role into the weapon economy.
Small Weapon Supplier
This will be for Solo scheme and factions that apply for it.
- Semi-Auto pistols and shotguns only
- 30 BetaCoins/month for faction | 20 BC/month for Solo
- Keeps 5 per shipment (solo can keep 2)
- All access except ARs.
- Assault Rifles will be given to Verified+ factions
- Must select 5 weapons they wish to sell
- 75 BC/month (Max 40 pistols per shipment)
Back Alley Scheme
Introducing our new scheme, the Back Alley Scheme will let factions apply for a property where they can perform medical roleplay and avoiding law enforcement at the hospitals. This will be a very strict scheme to get into and those applying must have a solid background and reasoning/plans for how they will use this scheme. Factions who apply and are accepted will be monitored closely to ensure no abuse it taken place. Rules and guidelines will be explained in the scheme's application thread.
Character Kill Applications
Character Kill applications have been finalized and will be posted within the Rules of Engagement as well as the application posted under Faction Information. Character Kills are not faction only, and can be requested by anyone for anyone. Reasonings have to be grand and make sense for a Character Kill application to be accepted. If accepted, whoever was requested will receive a warning. The warning will keep the requester's identity anonymous.
Verified & Official Perks
The perks for Verified and Official factions have been updated.
Verified Factions Perks
- If part of a scheme (drugs or guns) they will be granted 15 more BetaCoins per month aside from what they already have from their scheme.
- Ability to send a request to the Modding Team for a shirt, server-wise, visible to all the players. (Motorcycle Clubs support shirts, various shirts for different companies / factions for events)
- A scripted faction for the faction members to be /invited.
- Ability for the faction members to grant spray cans.
- Ability for the faction's leadership to request a Faction Property.
- Ability for the faction's leadership to request a Faction Vehicle.
Official Factions Perks
- If part of a scheme (drugs or guns) they will be granted 25 more BetaCoins per month aside from what they already have initially from their scheme..
- Ability for the faction's leadership to request multiple Faction Properties.
- Ability for the faction's leadership to request multiple Faction Vehicles.
- Ability for the faction to request an extra scheme on top of what they already have.
- All the other perks from the Verified status.
Note: These perks can be modified at any given moment with Illegal Faction Team Council's discretion.
Previously announced in the IFT Update, we are working on a process to help newer factions get set up. This will only last for a limited time, and more details will be posted in it's own separate announcement.
Your Voice Matters: January Survey to come.
As 2023 comes to a close, we will be launching the January Survey towards LS-RP 2.0. We want to take the feedback into consideration, and with three new developments joining the team, we believe that we can deliver new and steady features. If you submit a survey and include your UCP name, you will be entered into a raffle draw to potentially earn 1,000 credits, which will go hand in hand with the new pet feature that's a premium feature!
Stay Tuned for More
We're committed to continually enhancing your experience on LSRP and these changes are just the beginning. Stay tuned for more updates and thank you for being a part of our community!