We're done.

Mmartin

Hey all,

If you've been following along on Discord you've probably seen the great amount of progress we've been able to accomplish lately. I'm happy to say that after overcoming more hurdles than I was ready for, we're now done with feature development for the release.

Over the last month especially, we've been pushing hard to bring the last necessary features through the finish line. We decided to include more than initially planned because we felt like the server just couldn't launch without them. As much as all you really need to roleplay is a little more than /me, /do and IC chat; we're determined to start with a foundation that allows us to build the next big thing in the GTA V RP scene.

As of tonight, we're starting the feature freeze and enter the very last phase of development, the final testing. During this phase we'll focus on fixing the bugs we caught along the way, and any new ones that come up from the recently introduced features. We currently stand at 7 critical and 18 major bugs that we have to deal with before launch. Like I mentioned, this number may grow a bit before it all falls near zero. 

To help us accomplish this, we've appointed @jack as our head of quality assurance and recently took @Duco on board into the development team; welcome! They, along with the rest of the development & staff team have been very helpful in that final push just ahead of the finish line. Since we'll go full ham on re-testing everything now, we should have a clear picture about the amount of work we still need to do to fix & prepare everything and should have a release date ready very soon.

I want to thank you all once again for the incredible patience you've had while we create something we can honestly be proud of. Our test server has been open to the early supporters for a few weeks now and it's been incredible to see dozens of players ingame on the gamemode that I've played solo or with just a few staff members for what feels like forever now. If you are an early supporter and haven't joined the test server yet you should; it's a lot of fun and I can't wait for it to be open to everyone.

In an effort to increase transparency, we also made the #test-git channel on Discord available for everyone a while back. You can see real time changes being pushed to our codebases there and see what's being worked on. So if you haven't yet, join our Discord for updates as soon as changes happen.

See you all IG soon!

• CJ 9
  • Bigsmoke 2
  • Ryder 2
  • OK 2
  • Strong 4
  • Love 34

99 Comments

Recommended Comments

On 3/9/2023 at 8:26 AM, Gboker said:

Silly me seeing the post and actually thinking the server is done. Looks like you guys are actually further behind than people thought. 

The foundation you're talking about is the community you've continually let down for a year now while continuing on a feature creep crusade. There's a complete disconnect if you think the community would have preferred extra features compared to a bare bones version that was released earlier. I can't imagine the benefit of new features would come anywhere close to the damage caused by the time delays and communication issues. Yet again you guys seem allergic to giving an apology or being honest, even the title of this post is a lie.

Continues to amaze me that people think you can just launch a whole new server with bare /me commands and expect a happy outcome when there are established servers out there that are completely the opposite. Did you survey the community to come to this conclusion? Would love to know how you think we're disconnected.

Also ... Selective reading to call the post a "lie"!

Nonetheless, hope you're there for launch! 🙂

• Thumbs 1
25 minutes ago, Kane said:

Continues to amaze me that people think you can just launch a whole new server with bare /me commands and expect a happy outcome when there are established servers out there that are completely the opposite. Did you survey the community to come to this conclusion? Would love to know how you think we're disconnected.

idc how long it takes

saying youre ready to launch a year before actually doing so (assuming that launch is actually close lol) just shows a massive disconnect, and the subsequent lack of communication is inexcusable to a lot of people

• Thumbs 1
16 hours ago, Kane said:

It's important to acknowledge that the development process can be complex and difficult to comprehend for most people. It's not uncommon for bugs to surface unexpectedly and for unforeseen circumstances to arise. Nonetheless, I remain optimistic that everything is progressing smoothly behind the scenes.

• Thumbs 1

the arrogance of blaming everything on a development process that no one else can possibly understand truly astounds

Edited by Aro
  • Thumbs 1
On 3/11/2023 at 6:31 PM, Kane said:

I didn't mean literally only having /me, /do etc, but the community came from a largely text-command based system and would've been fine with simplified versions early on. You guys can clearly do some amazing things with gui's and create some beautiful features, and I can imagine that a decent amount of time has been spent on it. The disconnect comes from the idea that a sexy script will attract new members more than a well functioning community. Member retention should have been a number 1 priority, it's the best asset this project has. No one joined SAMP LS-RP because of it's dope script, they joined because the community instilled a heavy concentration on serious RP. The longer it takes to launch with little communication, the more players you'll lose. I understand that you guys are trying to appeal to new players from the GTA V community, but the best way to compete with other established servers is to have a better community. The disconnect is that for the last year the community been constantly let down and disrespected, seemingly because of a perfectionist approach to compete with already established GTA V RP servers. 

Don't get me wrong I get that this is a large project with a lot of complexities, but from an outsider it looks like too much focus has been put on making the server a similar or higher standard to the SAMP server was when it shut down. SAMP LSRP took years to build upon all those features, and before they were developed people were happy with simplified versions. 

And come on man, you can't say I'm selectively reading when you selectively omit that I was talking about the title of the thread. The post is true. But after like 7 months of no announcements you know what a post title saying "We're Done" implies. I get that you can argue that it's not a lie, but you can't say that the title of this post isn't deliberately misleading.

I hope I'm wrong and everything goes well.  And despite my concerns and frustrations I respect and appreciate the hard work going on behind the scenes. What's done is done, and I'm excited for the community to flourish in the GTA V scene. 

• Thumbs 1

I've been led to speculate this might turn out to be a social experiment mmartin's conducting to see how far the hype squad can go, either that or an outright punishment.

Dear fellow roleplayers,

I stand before you today with great joy and excitement, as we celebrate the re-opening of the Los Santos Roleplay server. This is a momentous occasion, not just because we can once again immerse ourselves in our favorite pastime, but also because we can do so in a server that upholds democratic values and respects our rights as players.

In recent times, we have witnessed the rise of servers like Nervous' GTA:World, which prioritize money-making over the core values of roleplay. These servers cater to a specific demographic, primarily the erotic roleplayers, and often frown upon the illegal roleplay that many of us enjoy. This is a travesty, and it is heartening to see that the Los Santos Roleplay server stands in stark contrast to such practices.

The democratic values that this server upholds ensure that our voices are heard, and that our opinions and suggestions are taken into account. This is what true community-driven roleplay looks like. We have the freedom to explore the city, engage in various professions and businesses, and participate in legal and illegal activities, all within the bounds of roleplay.

The re-opening of the Los Santos Roleplay server is a testament to the perseverance and dedication of the administrators and the community. It is a symbol of our collective effort to create a server that is welcoming, inclusive, and free from the shackles of money-grubbing practices. This is a server where we can truly express ourselves and live out our fantasies without fear of judgement or ridicule.

So let us all raise a toast to the re-opening of the Los Santos Roleplay server, and to the values that it stands for. Let us continue to uphold these values and work towards creating a better and more inclusive community, where everyone is welcome and respected. Let us shun the money-grabbing practices of servers like Nervous' GTA:World and stand proud as members of the Los Santos Roleplay server.

Thank you, and let us roleplay!

Edited by VexiousMaximus
  • CJ 1

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.