July Update

Mmartin

Hey everyone,

I'd like to update you on what's been going on the last few weeks. We've resumed development in a limited capacity after I had to take some time off due to personal issues and boy we've got a lot to talk about. As promised, it's July 13th so we're bringing you more information on the release timeline.

When does LS-RP come out?

Given the scope of remaining work & testing, we're currently targeting to release in August. Vast majority of features are either finished or in final stages of development. All features will be re-tested in the coming weeks in case our latest work messed with anything made previously. Concrete date will be given at least 7 days prior to release. This is to ensure that in case we encounter an abnormal amount of hiccups, we don't have to postpone. I know you'd rather a number to look forward to, but I'm sure you'd rather not have to see another delay announcement. I know I don't want to write one.

Where are the snippets?

The hype we had built for the February release date was something that'll be hard to replicate. Or at least so I thought until we hit a record number of attendees on our first staff meeting back (over 50 at one point!). Some of the activities such as development streams will be left out for the time being to maximize productivity; however as a part of our release campaign to build up interest and hype again we'll be posting a new snippet every day — Starting today. Some snippets, such as today's one, will be accompanied by a short description to give you more insight into our thought process.

So join us on Discord at discord.gg/ls-rp so you don't miss any of them.

Patreon

As of July, we've paused our Patreon billing cycle. We've raised enough funds to get us off the ground and any further funding will have to be secured through a product/credit purchase in our web store, after we launch. As a token of appreciation and an apology for the extended delay, we'll also be adding 20% credits on top to every patron who supported us (example; 10 EUR tier * 6 months = 120 EUR * 120% = 144 EUR worth of credits).

In conclusion, the next few weeks will be us wrapping up, merging finished features into the main codebase and getting ready for the big day. Once again thank you for your patience, feedback and enthusiasm. Hope you're enjoying summertime; see you around on Discord

Martin

• CJ 5
  • Bigsmoke 1
  • Thumbs 5
  • OK 3
  • Strong 2
  • Love 12

100 Comments

Recommended Comments

I don't see why almost everyone is responding positively to this post.  http://whendoeslsrpcomeout.com/ promised a release date today, and from this post it seems almost certain that a release date won't be posted until August at the soonest. The only consistency at the moment is that deadlines will not be met, why is stuff continuously being promised and then not delivered on? How are we meant to have any confidence when this shit just keeps on happening? It's a very bad look guys.

• CJ 1
  • Love 2

Very good, very good! Looking forward to it.

As a former, poor, highest tear Patreon supporter, will I be awarded for one payment in credits upon launch? I had insufficient credit at the second payment, therefore the payment was denied . Will I be credited with one month at launch, or does it only count, if you were an active Patroen supporter this update?

6 hours ago, AEriksen said:

Very good, very good! Looking forward to it.

As a former, poor, highest tear Patreon supporter, will I be awarded for one payment in credits upon launch? I had insufficient credit at the second payment, therefore the payment was denied . Will I be credited with one month at launch, or does it only count, if you were an active Patroen supporter this update?

All Patreons will be despite of how many months they were Patrons. If you had the 20€ tier * 1 month = 40€ * 120% = 48€ worth of credit. 

16 hours ago, Gboker said:

I don't see why almost everyone is responding positively to this post.  http://whendoeslsrpcomeout.com/ promised a release date today, and from this post it seems almost certain that a release date won't be posted until August at the soonest. The only consistency at the moment is that deadlines will not be met, why is stuff continuously being promised and then not delivered on? How are we meant to have any confidence when this shit just keeps on happening? It's a very bad look guys.

The release date is August.

21 minutes ago, skyrocket said:

The release date is August.

spacer.png

I'm not trying to be petty or anything, but a release date was promised and instead we got an update saying they're aiming to release in August. I just don't understand why a release date was hyped up, only for one to not be released. It makes me think that it was originally intended that a release date was going to be confirmed, only for delays to make it not possible to confirm it. And instead of coming clean about yet again not being able to follow through on a promise, they act as if they have fulfilled their promise.  

At this point I'd be very surprised if an August release will happen. Why do you have confidence in an August release given the track record so far? Why are people acting as if this post is anything but another broken promise.

2 hours ago, Gboker said:

spacer.png

I'm not trying to be petty or anything, but a release date was promised and instead we got an update saying they're aiming to release in August. I just don't understand why a release date was hyped up, only for one to not be released. It makes me think that it was originally intended that a release date was going to be confirmed, only for delays to make it not possible to confirm it. And instead of coming clean about yet again not being able to follow through on a promise, they act as if they have fulfilled their promise.  

At this point I'd be very surprised if an August release will happen. Why do you have confidence in an August release given the track record so far? Why are people acting as if this post is anything but another broken promise.

Because they may aswell stop if it takes much longer, the script looks banging and it seems like 90% of the features are there. They are just dotting the I's and it is better for them to not release a concrete date, giving them more time incase they encounter more issues.

25 minutes ago, skyrocket said:

Because they may aswell stop if it takes much longer, the script looks banging and it seems like 90% of the features are there. They are just dotting the I's and it is better for them to not release a concrete date, giving them more time incase they encounter more issues.

I pretty much agree with everything you've said, but that's not my issue. How can anyone justify this post as anything but disrespectful? Months of no updates until a release date was promised, only for them to yet again not deliver on it and act as if everything is normal. Theres the elephant in the room that there has been a complete breakdown in communication for months, and theres barely even an apology or anyone taking responsibility for it. The community has had so many promises broken since the SAMP server went down, not to mention the constant lying and deception that seems to be happening.

I truly wish the best for this community, I want it to thrive and become something similar to what the SAMP server was, but so far this has been such a shit show before it's even started. 

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.