March Release Update

Kane

Hey everyone,

We've decided to once again move our release date. First and foremost, please accept our apologies.

I understand the frustration everyone must be feeling, and you aren't alone. Our biggest challenge is time. Every release date we've set, whether February 24st or week of March 21st, has been calculated based on current development team availability which has proven to change unexpectedly more often than not, leading us to continue to undercalculate our progress and release timeframes.

Nonetheless, I won't give you any excuses. We gave out a date and we should be expected to meet it, that is on us. Once again, we're sorry for the continued false promises.

With that being said, the work hasn't stopped. We're very close to launching and I'm prepared to show you a sheet of outstanding features.

You can see that list here: 282100.png Features list

The features listed are the current prerequisites to us launching.

It's been a busy month for all of us in the development team but I'm still able to assure you that development is not going to and has never stopped. We're working hard to get this out. I hope everyone understands that we have never delayed because we want to but because we had to.

At this time I am not prepared to give you another release date. I'll post another announcement as soon as I have that information. We'll continue to regularly post development snippets and update you as we make progress.

Once again, please accept our most humble apologies and thank you for your understanding & your continued support.

Thank you,

Kane

Lead Developer

• CJ 18
  • Bigsmoke 3
  • Ryder 2
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 4
  • OK 3
  • Strong 3
  • Love 8

154 Comments

Recommended Comments

I'm no LSRP OG or anything, most of my time on SA:MP was spent on other servers - but I played the few months before LSRP shut down on SA:MP, and when I noticed the PB dying it really did make me sad. It was one of my favorite servers by far. The developers aren't helping at all, delaying it 5 times and demotivating us even more, with teasers only coming 2-3 times a MONTH. Sounds a lot, but considering it's 30 days and we wait eagerly those 30 days, it really doesn't help. At first I really didn't want an early release if the server was gonna be buggy and whatnot, but at this point.. Just fucking release it. Longer you wait, the more people leave. 
hA | Media - page 3 - The human Aimbots - GTA DayZ: Remastered

• CJ 1
  • Thumbs 2
16 hours ago, nitrorush said:

Just fucking release it. Longer you wait, the more people leave. 

Yeah, exactly. I know a lot of people that have already given up on waiting for the server. At this point, the amount of delays we've had is ridiculous and embarrassing. So many community members have also stopped donating because of this. The hype is dead. I seriously hope the developers make some sort of announcement soon to update people on what's going on.

I've offered my help in the past with development (not to brag but the tech used here at Rage/LSRP is my bread and butter in my real life job, and I've developed a thing or two with Rage). The response I got was that spending time on onboarding won't help, so it seems like a chicken and egg situation.

I'm still happily offering my help with development.

• CJ 1
  • Thumbs 2
  • Strong 1
  • Love 1
On 3/25/2022 at 6:26 PM, FrappyDaQuack said:

as a donator im disappointed, but as someone who can careless about roleplay at this point it really doesnt affect me anymore. im just disappointed spending $20 as a tier 3 member or was it $25? when i could of easily bought chick-fil-a with that, could of got a haircut, could of sub to an onlyfans, etc  .  

This killed me looool

fr tho where's the fkin server

I say let's be more patient. It's not easy to put all this stuff together. Coding is hard as fukk and takes much time. I'm sure most of our programmers do this server in their free time, after work or some... Mad respect to them.

5 hours ago, MASK0N said:

I say let's be more patient. It's not easy to put all this stuff together. Coding is hard as fukk and takes much time. I'm sure most of our programmers do this server in their free time, after work or some... Mad respect to them.

It does not take a server THREE years to be developed when there's hundreds of servers just like it, if not even better. How could these guys be the same guys who administrated and developed one of the greatest servers in all of SA:MP RP history?? It's ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, nitrorush said:

It does not take a server THREE years to be developed when there's hundreds of servers just like it, if not even better. How could these guys be the same guys who administrated and developed one of the greatest servers in all of SA:MP RP history?? It's ridiculous. 

its been a year in dev not 3 lol

2 hours ago, holaa. said:

its been a year in dev not 3 lol

has been secretly developed since 2019 and was announced to everyone else a year ago

9 hours ago, pelaja said:

has been secretly developed since 2019 and was announced to everyone else a year ago

Wrong

Development really began after Oct 5, 2020, wasn't really done full time until early 2021

2 hours ago, Kane said:

Wrong

Development really began after Oct 5, 2020, wasn't really done full time until early 2021

Regardless of when it was started.

Shouldnt be posting dates if you cant uphold your statements. 

I get one time, but two, three, four... thats on you guys. Just release it unfinished I guarantee you'll have a lot more players. Happier players.

• Thumbs 1
On 3/30/2022 at 11:49 AM, nitrorush said:

They didn't run or found it during its heydey, they just took charge of a slowly sinking ship and looted it while it went down, thinking it'd last forever.

Set a release date that gives you double the time you actually need, then feed the community some good news by telling them it's ready and in early testing. Build anticipation, not disappointment. It would be better to tell the community it'll be X months than X days which makes the schedule too tight. People are fickle, they lose interest. I'm sure you already

know this.

Edited by 50p
  • Clap 1
2 hours ago, 50p said:

Set a release date that gives you double the time you actually need, then feed the community some good news by telling them it's ready and in early testing. Build anticipation, not disappointment. It would be better to tell the community it'll be X months than X days which makes the schedule too tight. People are fickle, they lose interest. I'm sure you already

know this.

Why lie tho?

and to think i dissed the whole gtaw staff on my ban appeal... knew mmartin home invasion was faked but its OK. We understand and we'd rather get a finished server than an early release full of bugs and exploits that no one would enjoy. as a lsrp veteran i hope release is soon! dont disappoint us guys

edit: could've atleast kept lsrp up for the time being but oh well..

Edited by xakiii
On 3/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, Kane said:

We all work full time jobs outside of ls-rp and Martin's been taking unpaid leave from his to dedicate more time to getting ls-rp out but I suppose you may have a point about us being lazy. :shrug: Schedules change, life happens and slows us down. I can't help you if you can't understand that.

You guys are happy to continue to solicit donations and run a Patreon and milk money from the "community" without offering any accountability to those foolish enough to fund you.

If its not laziness, its incompetence, if its not either of those then its willfully ripping off the naive (or underage) while under-delivering. Or a mix of all three.

Then again; I don't know why anyone is surprised. You all took over the most successful, untouchable, SAMP server and ran it into the ground.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:02 PM, Masalios said:

That's a bad excuse. LS:RP is a business and it should start acting like one.

No it's not.

2 hours ago, SmallFry said:

You guys are happy to continue to solicit donations and run a Patreon and milk money from the "community" without offering any accountability to those foolish enough to fund you.

If its not laziness, its incompetence, if its not either of those then its willfully ripping off the naive (or underage) while under-delivering. Or a mix of all three.

Then again; I don't know why anyone is surprised. You all took over the most successful, untouchable, SAMP server and ran it into the ground.

This is just ignorance.

On 4/2/2022 at 6:09 PM, Kane said:

No it's not.

Is it not now? So when I donate money it doesn't go to an incorporated entity? I highly doubt it.

Either way, let me know when you wish to address everything else I said. I'll quote it again just in case you missed it the first time:

Here's a question for you. Since you guys are admittedly getting hit by real life responsibilities (which like I said is not an excuse when you run your own business but anyway) and an increasingly large volume of tickets, why don't you try to make part of the work opensource so that community devs contribute to it or on-board more volunteer developers? You don't need to give them access to everything if you're afraid of leaks, hell don't even give them anything. I dev for multiple FiveM servers and I don't have access to any of their core frameworks. I make them minimum viable products and then they trim them to their needs. 

Edited by Masalios
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 1

This blog entry is now closed to further comments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.