March Release Update

Kane

Hey everyone,

We've decided to once again move our release date. First and foremost, please accept our apologies.

I understand the frustration everyone must be feeling, and you aren't alone. Our biggest challenge is time. Every release date we've set, whether February 24st or week of March 21st, has been calculated based on current development team availability which has proven to change unexpectedly more often than not, leading us to continue to undercalculate our progress and release timeframes.

Nonetheless, I won't give you any excuses. We gave out a date and we should be expected to meet it, that is on us. Once again, we're sorry for the continued false promises.

With that being said, the work hasn't stopped. We're very close to launching and I'm prepared to show you a sheet of outstanding features.

You can see that list here: 282100.png Features list

The features listed are the current prerequisites to us launching.

It's been a busy month for all of us in the development team but I'm still able to assure you that development is not going to and has never stopped. We're working hard to get this out. I hope everyone understands that we have never delayed because we want to but because we had to.

At this time I am not prepared to give you another release date. I'll post another announcement as soon as I have that information. We'll continue to regularly post development snippets and update you as we make progress.

Once again, please accept our most humble apologies and thank you for your understanding & your continued support.

Thank you,

Kane

Lead Developer

• CJ 18
  • Bigsmoke 3
  • Ryder 2
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 4
  • OK 3
  • Strong 3
  • Love 8

154 Comments

Recommended Comments

57 minutes ago, SmallFry said:

if u all struggle this hard just to launch ur server the hope for ongoing dev and support is pretty miserable

theres only so far u can ride the nostalgia train before ppl realize ur incompetent/lazy

fr. LSRP might end up being a flop after promising to release the server 5 times with a year. Sad.

• Strong 1
23 minutes ago, bobby3x said:

fr. LSRP might end up being a flop after promising to release the server 5 times with a year. Sad.

prob will lol. hate to say it cus i wanna see it work, but really what could they actually offer other than the different script, to be better than the competition? not siding with world but lol at least they wouldn't pull something like this. 

how do people expect the illegal RP here to be great again if we can't even get the server up. 

this is not motivating. 

16 hours ago, yekim said:

why is a lawnmowing job on the list for a minimum release? y can u give people piggybacks??? 

just release the server without all this useless shit and add it in the future. people never expected lsrp to outdo world in terms of features they just wanted more of an emphasis on illegal RP and better staff

It's on there because we prefer to have a good amount of jobs available in the beginning. If it's the only thing holding us back, we can release without it and put it in a later update.

2 hours ago, SmallFry said:

if u all struggle this hard just to launch ur server the hope for ongoing dev and support is pretty miserable

theres only so far u can ride the nostalgia train before ppl realize ur incompetent/lazy

We all work full time jobs outside of ls-rp and Martin's been taking unpaid leave from his to dedicate more time to getting ls-rp out but I suppose you may have a point about us being lazy. :shrug: Schedules change, life happens and slows us down. I can't help you if you can't understand that.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Kane said:

We all work full time jobs outside of ls-rp and Martin's been taking unpaid leave from his to dedicate more time to getting ls-rp out but I suppose you may have a point about us being lazy. :shrug: Schedules change, life happens and slows us down. I can't help you if you can't understand that.

That's a bad excuse. LS:RP is a business and it should start acting like one. Real life obligations are and always will be there, but it is his responsibility to put them aside in order to grow his business. If you are seeking to create something good/innovative/unique, you need to make sacrifices.

Yeah he took unpaid time off... Am I supposed to praise him for that? Should I applaud the fact that he took unpaid time off to build his own business that makes him money? He's not running a charity, there's nothing for me to "respect". There's a patreon up that generates almost a grand a month, that's the whole point behind that, to fund the endeavor and ensure that if he needs to take some unpaid time off, he can without starving or being homeless.

Here's a question for you. Since you guys are admittedly getting hit by real life responsibilities (which like I said is not an excuse when you run your own business but anyway) and an increasingly large volume of tickets, why don't you try to make part of the work opensource so that community devs contribute to it or on-board more volunteer developers? You don't need to give them access to everything if you're afraid of leaks, hell don't even give them anything. I dev for multiple FiveM servers and I don't have access to any of their core frameworks. I make them minimum viable products and then they trim them to their needs. 

My two cents.

• Ryder 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 7
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Masalios said:

That's a bad excuse. LS:RP is a business and it should start acting like one. Real life obligations are and always will be there, but it is his responsibility to put them aside in order to grow his business. If you are seeking to create something good/innovative/unique, you need to make sacrifices.

Yeah he took unpaid time off... Am I supposed to praise him for that? Should I applaud the fact that he took unpaid time off to build his own business that makes him money? He's not running a charity, there's nothing for me to "respect". There's a patreon up that generates almost a grand a month, that's the whole point behind that, to fund the endeavor and ensure that if he needs to take some unpaid time off, he can without starving or being homeless.

Here's a question for you. Since you guys are admittedly getting hit by real life responsibilities (which like I said is not an excuse when you run your own business but anyway) and an increasingly large volume of tickets, why don't you try to make part of the work opensource so that community devs contribute to it or on-board more volunteer developers? You don't need to give them access to everything if you're afraid of leaks, hell don't even give them anything. I dev for multiple FiveM servers and I don't have access to any of their core frameworks. I make them minimum viable products and then they trim them to their needs. 

My two cents.

@Kane

Patience is a virtue. Hopefully before Summer 2022 begins, the server will be launched. 

As I've said before and to many people: the delays themselves don't bother me. The management around the delays is what's bothered me. Thank you Kane for sharing this list of what remains - as it feels like the only time where we've really had any idea of where we're up to and what remains.

With that being said, we've had weeks of uncertainty and I'm not afraid to say that I feel like more could and should have been done to keep everyone up to date on where things have been at. There have also been opportunities to keep interest piqued which have been missed; I sent some of these ideas to Ben, but they were ignored. And frankly, to hear on the most recent meeting (which was still over a week ago, maybe two?) "I'm really excited about the launch and I hope you are too" just felt like a slap in the face.

I have been one of the people who's vehemently defended the staff team, Mmartin and the delays that have happened. I understand, fully and wholeheartedly, that you're doing this in your spare time and that everyone has jobs and lives besides this. You, as an individual, along with the other developers that have picked things up in Mmartin's stead, are very good in my eyes and I feel sorry for you having to deal with such fallout when you've done everything you can. The snippets, for instance, have been one of the few things keeping people informed of where things are at.

The sad fact here though is that in my eyes, the script and the physical release of the server has only been part of the problem. Keeping people fully informed has been one major issue, and I believe that there must surely be other things that could have occupied everyone's time and attention in the meantime. For instance, talk about the discussions that have been had regarding SA lore. Talk about the updates to laws. Show that the lead team has been listening to suggestions and so on.

Show people that fucks are still being given. 

This again is not directed at you. I'm directing it more at anyone who claims to manage this community as a whole. Opportunities have been missed, the communication failures have been nigh on endless, and faith is being lost on a daily basis as a result. I'm not even sure if, at this point, anything that is said or done could convince me that this is still worth keeping an eye on. The manner it's been managed leaves much to be desired, and makes me worry for any time in the future in which difficult situations might arise again

Edited by Allegra
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Allegra said:

As I've said before and to many people: the delays themselves don't bother me. The management around the delays is what's bothered me. Thank you Kane for sharing this list of what remains - as it feels like the only time where we've really had any idea of where we're up to and what remains.

With that being said, we've had weeks of uncertainty and I'm not afraid to say that I feel like more could and should have been done to keep everyone up to date on where things have been at. There have also been opportunities to keep interest piqued which have been missed; I sent some of these ideas to Ben, but they were ignored. And frankly, to hear on the most recent meeting (which was still over a week ago, maybe two?) "I'm really excited about the launch and I hope you are too" just felt like a slap in the face.

I have been one of the people who's vehemently defended the staff team, Mmartin and the delays that have happened. I understand, fully and wholeheartedly, that you're doing this in your spare time and that everyone has jobs and lives besides this. You, as an individual, along with the other developers that have picked things up in Mmartin's stead, are very good in my eyes and I feel sorry for you having to deal with such fallout when you've done everything you can. The snippets, for instance, have been one of the few things keeping people informed of where things are at.

The sad fact here though is that in my eyes, the script and the physical release of the server has only been part of the problem. Keeping people fully informed has been one major issue, and I believe that there must surely be other things that could have occupied everyone's time and attention in the meantime. For instance, talk about the discussions that have been had regarding SA lore. Talk about the updates to laws. Show that the lead team has been listening to suggestions and so on.

Show people that fucks are still being given. 

This again is not directed at you. I'm directing it more at anyone who claims to manage this community as a whole. Opportunities have been missed, the communication failures have been nigh on endless, and faith is being lost on a daily basis as a result. I'm not even sure if, at this point, anything that is said or done could convince me that this is still worth keeping an eye on. The manner it's been managed leaves much to be desired, and makes me worry for any time in the future in which difficult situations might arise again

seconding this - I totally agree with Allegra here. I thought LS:RP has changed its strategy a bit but it's the same old strategy that's been going since 2015. 

What a joke. What is this, the 4th or 5th delay? And now not even a release date? Personally my interest has essentially disappeared. There's no way you ever thought the server was going to be fit for release 4 months ago and now can't even give us an estimate lmfao.

If this server even ever releases (at this point, I wouldn't bet on it), it will likely be DOA. As someone else said, you can only ride the nostalgia train for so long.

Edited by IdleStacks
  • Clap 1

rocky start but we should hope this works out

edit: imgur link is not working

Edited by DRUNKY

I really hope this is the last one. Watching players walk out by the day is extremely demotivating even for the rest of us who wish to stay and see the server launch.

18 hours ago, Masalios said:

My two cents.

@KaneKaneThis time make this the last delay. I feel sorry for all the people on pateroen putting so much trust in you guys but you guys are just not delivering. I took my day off for the release date as I was really excited to play LSRP again but then I found out that the server was delayed again. It was really disappointing. I understand that you as developers might have full time jobs in real life and this might be a side hussle, but you can't be constantly lying to us. If you cannot meet a date which you have determined then please think twice before giving another release date. This is the 4th delay now. 

Edited by Big Uzi
  • Love 1

Another delay, no public roadmap to see if any progress is made, useless snippets being posted that don't affect the core script / playability (walkstyles, crouching, fishing script)...  Considering LSRP's track record prior to it closing on the SAMP platform, the least you guys could do is give more visibility to what you're all doing because right now it feels like a bunch of empty excuses and apologies while still racking it monthly patreon money.

Edited by Sergi
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 1

At least you guys would of left the SA:MP server open until the V would come out. WE MISS SA:MP!!

On 3/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, Kane said:

Also, if the server isn’t done now how was it looking when the release was supposed to be on December 

6 hours ago, bobby3x said:

Also, if the server isn’t done now how was it looking when the release was supposed to be on December 

Right.

Wasn't this server also being secretly worked on in like 2019? 

I don't understand 

Edited by Ronnie2Polez
On 3/21/2022 at 9:05 PM, GamerX27 said:

@Kane

Patience is a virtue. Hopefully before Summer 2022 begins, the server will be launched. 

fucking better be before then

They initially said they were opening end of 2021 knowing they probably ain't even started the server yet. Obviously they are full of shit since day one if this is where we're at now. 

as a donator im disappointed, but as someone who can careless about roleplay at this point it really doesnt affect me anymore. im just disappointed spending $20 as a tier 3 member or was it $25? when i could of easily bought chick-fil-a with that, could of got a haircut, could of sub to an onlyfans, etc  .  

• Thumbs 2

crazy how still a week later no word from mmartin on this release date and no other information was disclosed to the community

time and time again the bad leadership skills being put on display, actual slap in the face to the people that worked hard to set up their factions, those who donated religiously every month since patreon released and those players who have been lied to about the release this fourth or even fifth time in a row

Edited by Jerome
  • Thumbs 1

This blog entry is now closed to further comments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.