March Release Update

Kane

Hey everyone,

We've decided to once again move our release date. First and foremost, please accept our apologies.

I understand the frustration everyone must be feeling, and you aren't alone. Our biggest challenge is time. Every release date we've set, whether February 24st or week of March 21st, has been calculated based on current development team availability which has proven to change unexpectedly more often than not, leading us to continue to undercalculate our progress and release timeframes.

Nonetheless, I won't give you any excuses. We gave out a date and we should be expected to meet it, that is on us. Once again, we're sorry for the continued false promises.

With that being said, the work hasn't stopped. We're very close to launching and I'm prepared to show you a sheet of outstanding features.

You can see that list here: 282100.png Features list

The features listed are the current prerequisites to us launching.

It's been a busy month for all of us in the development team but I'm still able to assure you that development is not going to and has never stopped. We're working hard to get this out. I hope everyone understands that we have never delayed because we want to but because we had to.

At this time I am not prepared to give you another release date. I'll post another announcement as soon as I have that information. We'll continue to regularly post development snippets and update you as we make progress.

Once again, please accept our most humble apologies and thank you for your understanding & your continued support.

Thank you,

Kane

Lead Developer

• CJ 18
  • Bigsmoke 3
  • Ryder 2
  • Clap 2
  • Thumbs 4
  • OK 3
  • Strong 3
  • Love 8

154 Comments

Recommended Comments

I am okay with the delays. It is much better than launching with bugs or missing and unfinished features.  

And I respect the dev team for delaying the release instead of launching early in a broken state

yall gonna kill the hype

at least release the server so ppl can play and then in the meantime finish the remaining stuff round the script

If life has taught me anything it's that every time you make a plan, life says "Sike you thought?". I'd personally rather people's personal lives be taken care of before a game. Y'all have lives outside of LS-RP, and I can see how hard everyone has been working. So take the time you guys need, and I look forward to more snippets!

It's shame to hear about this but it comes with an understanding. No point in releasing something if the game mode isn't quite finished. Keep it up guys! 

It's gonna fall of deaf ears, and likely won't get replied to. But how was it ever set to release in summer of last year, or even December, when there's that many features to do?

I don't care to wait, I'm busy, but it seems random dates are just thrown out.

• Thumbs 4

Sadge, but expected... at least now you didn't give false hopes with yet another unlikely release date

I'm not gonna lie to u man this is getting annoying, PLEASE make this the last delay. You're killing people's motivation here bro, real shit.

• Thumbs 1
  • Love 4

I understand wanting to release something that's stable and playable but if LSRP can't keep to a simple release date that's really not a good sign for the future, either have a release date and stick to it or don't have one at all. I understand there have been circumstances IRL for Mmartin and that's fine, I'll even give the man my warmest wishes in that regard. But that can only carry a certain amount of goodwill towards someone who was all but absent from the community until LSRPV was announced out of nowhere after leaving the old server to rot.

I've always been supportive of LSRP, even as the old server was dying but I'm slowly starting to loose faith that this will ever see the light of day or if it does, that it won't end up the same way as the SAMP server did when people loose interest and the initial hype dies down. I really hope I'm wrong, but right now it's not looking good.

• Love 1

Well I’m okay with waiting for this, I know that you have also real jobs as you’re not making a living out of this server but why do you give this hope to the community when you know that you’re not able to release so soon. How was it supposed to go out in summer ‘21 if you still have a lot of work to do?

I hope that you’re not going to give us false hype again. 

• Clap 1

This blog entry is now closed to further comments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.