Property Update: Business Applications

Baker

Hi all,

Today I'm happy to announce that we've now opened up the business section of the forums.  We've decided to allow players to apply for a business lease in order to establish business roleplay on the server initially.   There are plans to make these businesses buy-able further down the line once there is enough money in the economy for players to be able to afford these businesses. In order to encourage larger companies/factions to run these businesses we've decided that you must own a company in order to apply for a business.

The business lease will be free for the first 2 weeks, after this you'll be expected to pay a monthly leasing fee.  A pre-defined list of businesses are available to lease throughout the city and will be expanded on. The below initial clubs and bars are well-known locations on the map to aid new players in locating them whilst we launch the server.   Players will have more business types and locations available to them on the launch of the server.

The requirements for a lease can be found below:

• You need to have plans to own a company to create an application for a business.  
    • Pre Launch: You must have plans to own a company to create an application for a business.   If you are accepted and end up not owning a company the business will be revoked.
  • You need at least 6 people listed in one application, which helps run the business.
  • You lease this business, meaning you pay a monthly lease fee for it.
  • You cannot transfer the lease without lead admin approval.
  • It needs to make sense for your character to own and run this business.

You can find more information along with the application format here.

Thank you,

Baker

• CJ 2
  • Clap 1
  • Thumbs 2
  • Strong 2
  • Love 11

37 Comments

Recommended Comments

I can't help but think that small businesses that are easily acquired by people would promote much more roleplay than 6 night clubs would. I understand that this is just a start but giving some people something as big as nightclubs at the fresh state of the server would give humongous advantage to some players/factions. On the other hand, making different sort of businesses easily obtainable by all the players is what gonna actually be a great foundation to build on. So wee are gonna get online at launch aaaaaand there are 6 night clubs and a bunch of NPC shops that we can visit. I don't want to praise or even mention other communities here because we are all here for LSRP, but there is no harm in looking at what they do right. Businesses are the soul of roleplay, they can contribute to a diverse range of roleplay activities and are much more beneficial to the server if the alternative for players is to grind script jobs. Tens of small bars and pubs, restaurants, smoke shops, bakeries, pawn shops, mechanic shops and so on are gonna create much more RP than 5 night clubs. 

Honestly, in my personal view, a club is where roleplay starves and people just AFK and /dance 5 while the owner collects entry fees and buys a Ferrari representative after a week while small businesses provide quality roleplay.

I do know this is just what you guys are doing in the start, but some reassurance that a valid business system is gonna be there for us where we don't need to truck and fish for a month to purchase a small RP-oriented business would help a lot. There is a lot of space in a fresh Los Santos that 5-6 clubs aren't gonna fill.

You people probably don't realize that they gonna add other businesses soon. Obviously it's not gonna be just nightclubs at launch. 

On 3/4/2022 at 3:56 AM, Bes. said:

Looks good, hope the 6 people requirement only applies to large businesses like nightclubs...

I hope so as well. Six players might be an over-kill for some businesses. Even for nightclubs it's not easy to find 6 players, specially when most of the staff (bartenders, security, dancers..etc.) would mostly change with each opening for many reasons. 

IRL there is a company model called one many company model, and sole proprietorship.

Keep up the good work anyhow.

I don't play gta v ls:rp and I know this is off topic, but can you guys fix the old forums please? There's an old message in my inbox that contains a discord link of some friends that I can't get in touch with otherwise.. 

Thanks.

I think that 6 people are too much for small business, like someone else said, those mom and dad type of shops - only places that are quite big need so many people. I used to run a bowling alley in Fort Carson and I only needed like two employees because there was no need for more people. Some businesses will never run and make profit with 7 people(including the manager, the leaser). That would only cause money problems - I understand that the reason behind this is roleplay but it would be nice to see more flexibility in these types of rules(I remember taking care of Leasing Businesses with Mike a couple of years ago and we had to make a system where people could role-play and make some money out of a business).

Also, the business list is rather dull - nightclubs usually bring out some weird(not to say bad) roleplay. It's not a place full of initiatives and creative ideas in terms of roleplay. You guys should let people decide where they wanna set their business, even though you have a list, some players will want their business very close to their faction territory or unique places(like the country side, or maybe someone wants to open a funeral service type of business, for example). Creating flexibility in terms of areas and types of businesses will certainly increase the application number and the unique ideas that follow a business.

Other than that, I really like the structure - it's important to make sure that people are using a business properly, and that it will bring new roleplay material - there was a huge problem back on LSPR (GTASA) with this - people used to lease businesses without any intention to roleplay it properly, to act like a businessperson, hire people, etc. 

This is such exciting news. I'm already brainstorming ideas for my company, and I know some crew is down to join me in the venture. Gonna need to come up with a dope logo Design, maybe with some bold на сайте https://www.namecheap.com/logo-maker/ideas/makeup-artist-logos/ typography to make it pop. Can't wait to see all the new spots on the map, especially those clubs and bars - gonna be lit! Remember, you gotta have at least six people listed in your application, so get your squad together and start planning. Let's show the server what we're made of!

Edited by Richard736

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.