Damage System Preview

Kane

Hey all,

Today I'm happy to showcase to you guys how far along we've came with our damage system which is just about complete. It's been really fun testing and we can't wait for you guys to hop in game soon and experience it yourself. Check out this video by @Xanakin to see more about it:

We really brainstormed how to handle damages and different type of weapons and I think we came out with a pretty solid system. We currently have more than 60 custom inventory weapons implemented and more than 20 different ammo types. Each weapon will have a base damage and a list of compatible ammo and a range of distances it can fire accurately and how far. V's native range for hitting targets is quite large so this was necessary to do. Each ammo type will be configured with a different multiplier. So some types of ammo will be stronger, some will be weaker and so forth. When it comes to deciding how much damage it's time to give, it all comes down to these factors: base damage, ammo multiplier, distance and bodypart. Some bodyparts will increase your damage, and some may lower it.

Another part of our system that I'm quite happy about is the attachment system! We've added just about every weapon component that exists on GTA V and that will all be accessible. As demonstrated in the video, you'll be able to have each piece in your inventory and use them on weapons it's compatible with (not all can have attachments)!

Here's an example of some of the pistols and their ammo types we've added: (not final!)

Weapons Ammo Types
LSPD SWAT Staccato P 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
H&K USP 9 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Beretta 92FS 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Glock 19 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
FN 509 MRD-LE 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Glock 17 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Beretta 92X 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Glock 21 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Sig Sauer P320 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Sig Sauer P365X 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Glock 43X 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP
Kimber Custom LW .45ACP FMJ, .45ACP JHP
Colt 1911 Classic .45ACP FMJ, .45ACP JHP
Smith & Wesson 4506 .45ACP FMJ, .45ACP JHP
Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0 9mm FMJ, 9mm JHP

Thank you all once again for your continued support!

Regards,

Kane

• CJ 3
  • Bigsmoke 1
  • Clap 3
  • Thumbs 5
  • OK 2
  • Strong 10
  • Love 16

69 Comments

Recommended Comments

Second! (or not lmfao nice)

Good job Kane and the team. Working hard on this. What we have seen already seems completely fine. Hopefully it stays like that and on track with the opening time.

Edited by F0r3v3r

Nice video, I like this so far but ya boy Xanakin got no aim doe but maybe it's the modiffied recoil, but things are looking really nice, good job guys.

that's really great, i'm just unsure what's the point of having JHP and FMJ on the server. would be dope if you guys could actually give FMJ more penetration (and thus less damage against un-armored targets I believe?).

• Management
1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

that's really great, i'm just unsure what's the point of having JHP and FMJ on the server. would be dope if you guys could actually give FMJ more penetration (and thus less damage against un-armored targets I believe?).

The goal is for different types of ammo to be more useful in different situations (ie against armor, vehicles etc). Even if there's no difference initially, it's a great avenue to expand the system in the future, for any ammo type.

• Thumbs 2

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.