Clothing System Preview

Mmartin

Hello,

We're still hard at work and today I'd like to give you a few development updates so you can see what we've been cooking up. Before anything though - I KNOW! You want to see some of that juicy illegal faction action. Drogas, gats, theft, all of that. Well sorry but not today.

The Faction Team + some other members of our team have been hard at work preparing a thought-through bullet proof scheme to give our illegal scene the attention it deserves. LS-RP prides itself on being home to the most legendary factions of any online Roleplay community and we want to be sure we're doing things right before we start parading them around. So shoutout to all of you and I promise I'll show you some stuff you're going to love soonTM

For the time being, let's talk about our clothing system. Which is your favorite hoodie? Is it Drawable 92, texture 12? Or Drawable 200, texture 0? You know... the yellow looking o-- forget about it. Forget about sliders and arrow buttons to click through every clothing item out there.

Highlights

• The system is entirely integrated and you will never have to think about an undershirt again. If a shirt has an undershirt counterpart, the system detects it and uses it. There are no concepts of "undershirts" visible to the player.
  • You can see a preview of any clothing item in your inventory, or in a store - without even trying it on.
  • Some items have alternative states (hoodies with hoods on, unzipped jackets, etc). You can switch between those & the system will match your perfect undershirt for it. Just make sure it's compatible, or you'll be walking about with your belly button out.
  • Clothing items are inventory item entities, which means you can store them in furniture (drawers, closets). They can be placed in bags, given to other players, stolen, etc.
  • Different stores will hold different types of clothing items. Don't go looking for a fancy suit in Sub Urban.
  • We're adding custom models for clothing. We aren't decided yet whether to use IRL brands or not. Let me know what you think about that.

TL;DR, show me the video

Besides that, there's still a lot of work going on behind the scenes. We're preparing electronics stores, character applications (which should open soon for our Patreon supporters), Kane's cooking up a great damage & death system and much more.

It's been great to see the community engagement since we've opened the forums up. Love seeing new and old faces around. Thanks for all the support, can't wait for you all to play!

Kind regards,

Mmartin

• CJ 8
  • Bigsmoke 3
  • Ryder 2
  • Clap 11
  • Thumbs 4
  • OK 4
  • Strong 3
  • Love 27

102 Comments

Recommended Comments

Dope and I don´t mind seeing real life clothing lines either. It's not that big of a deal, half the time...people are "modding" their games with real life stuff anyhow. Adidas track suits, bunch of dresses, polo shirts and etc....numerous leather jackets.

• Thumbs 6

System looks really good and seems to work well too. I'd like to see IRL brands for clothing as it widens the amount and variants of clothing available. There seems to be a lot more IRL brand clothing mods out there in comparison to lore.

20 minutes ago, Kirill_Ustinov said:

Dope and I don´t mind seeing real life clothing lines either. It's not that big of a deal, half the time...people are "modding" their games with real life stuff anyhow. Adidas track suits, bunch of dresses, polo shirts and etc....numerous leather jackets.

Problem with that is copyright. If LSRP is making money off of the server, they can't be using real life brands. It's a fast road to lawsuit-valley.

• CJ 1

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.